jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Where is China Man??

1. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 6 years ago

You owe me a hub, dude! Remember our bet??

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Habee,

He may owe you a hub, but I think it is his right to reserve on when it gets published. lol lol lol
    (just kidding) tongue

Hope you're doing well. smile

3. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Hi, Ray! I'm fine. Just tired - vacation wore me out! lol

1. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I can see how that would tire you out. roll

It's nice that you had a great time. smile

4. profile image0
    china manposted 6 years ago

ok ok ok ok ok ok ok  !!!!   I have just moved halfway across China, been living in temporary oaccomodation for 3 weeks and now just moved into our new apartment and cleaned it from top to bottom and fixed the plumbing and the kitchen and been shopping for everything and washed all the curtains and just go online on my own computer - and I could not fit in writing you a hub !!!!!!   big_smile big_smile

BUT - I am getting settled a bit now and will put my mind to something soon smile

1. travelespresso profile image82
      travelespressoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Chinaman - great to hear that you are settled.  All that cleaning must've exhausted you!!!! lol

1. profile image0
        china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

totally kna@@erred !  yes.       Nice big open and bright apartemnt, part-way throught he cleaning I did get wistful about one room bedsits big_smile  but all worth it and still got 3 weeks holiday left to get into mischief !

Yeah - in an odd sort of way, there's something comforting about bedsits when you are leading this type of life!  Enjoy the extra space and hols!

1. profile image0

How are you doing?   any more thoughts about teaching here yet ?

I'm doing great thanks.  Most of the summer teachers have left here now but I'm staying on for a few more weeks. 

I'm still looking for another contract preferably one I don't have to commit for for too long?  I seem to be anti any type of shackles these days!

1. profile image0

How much do they pay down there ?

Pay isn't fantastic in places, but it varies a MASSIVE amount depending upon the job. 
                  The cost of living is very very low and so if you want to its easy to save.   I buy three huge bags of groceries and supplies and spend around 15-20USD.

1. profile image0

20 USD would be about 120 Yuan and that would be about the same prices as here if there were no expensive imported stuff in that basket !  a beer is around 3.5 Yuan for a 500mm bottle = 50- cents  most normal cheap veg o.8 to 5 Yuan per half kilo = 10 to 70 cents per kilo.

the normal going rate here is between 3500 and 4500 Yuan per month with accomodation and services (and a return flight per year) free. How does this compare ?

working