jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Will Omgili Change How You Post In Forums And Answer Boards?

1. sunstreeks profile image83
    sunstreeksposted 8 years ago

For those of us who take time to gain back links and traffic using message boards, forums, and answer boards will you put more effort into your keyword selection in your posts now that Omgili is here.

If you don't know, Omgili @ Omgili dot com aka: "Oh My God I Love It" provides search engine results coming from discussion boards, mailing lists, and answer boards. I found it last night and the results on searches where very relative to what I was looking for. In fact it's my newest tool next to Google for finding what I'm looking for, especially since I prefer to get my information via discussion forums 90% of the time.

They are new, but there site is really very promising. It got me thinking. I occasionally use forums and answer boards to get a link in here and there. My posts aren't going to be found in Google most the time so how I wrote (working with keywords) wasn't as important as what I wrote. Does that make sense?

If this site becomes the next big thing that can work in tandem and not working against Google it could provide webmasters yet another tool to gain SE style traffic. "Lead em to your discussion post with keywords, then get them to your site with your signature link."

So do you think this will change the way you post in a forum?

2. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

If it takes off and it is sending lots of search engine traffic to my forum posts, yes, it will.

3. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

If it takes off it will mean more spammers on more forums. One of the things I like about hubpages is the lack of forum signatures.

Glory be to the freethinkers

Saint Mark ARPS, CMT, LSD

(Except for the home-made ones) big_smile

4. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

LOL, Mark, you have your Religion Forum pants on in a general interest forum - these people don't all know you have been beatified by fiat.

5. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Darn I should get out more - missed Mark's elevation - congrats Mark!