jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Can I vote a hub up more than once?

1. Teresa Schultz profile image82
    Teresa Schultzposted 6 years ago

Is it just once and I'm done voting that hub up - or is there like a 24 hour restriction in place, then I can vote it up again.  I think some hubs are absolutely super, and it would be nice to know if extra votes eg on day 2, day 3, day 4 etc are helping that hubber in some way.

I've spent about 40 minutes trying to see if anybody else asked this question, and if it's there somewhere, I'm not finding it, so even just a link to the answer (if there is one already) would be appreciated.  Thanks!

1. lorlie6 profile image85
      lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for asking one of those 'questions nobody asks...' You know what I mean?  smile This is a great one.  I vote as you do-some hubs deserve many 'ups,' but I don't know if they truly are tallied if from the same source.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Teresa,

Actually, you can vote a hub up more than once. However, if you leave a comment on your first visit, then you might want to check on your comment again upon doing what I suggest.

(a) you can refresh the page. However, when doing that, it will reset the page and all the buttons, so you can vote again. But, you might want to check your comment to make sure it was entered.

(b) is to leave the page and come back to the page, and vote for it again.

Hope that helped. smile

Teresa Schultzposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That did help - thanks! I'm just thinking of voting once a day or so, on hubs I like, so refreshing won't come into it - but thanks for the tip about checking if my comment is still there, as it's useful to remember this - for those that do want to refresh and immediately vote again.  Thank you.

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad to be of assistance. You're welcome. smile

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

I discovered a couple of times by accident with a mis-behaving  mouse, that you can apparently vote up your own hub.

I'm not so sure this is allowed if done on purpose...but if not, should be disabled within one's own hub.  That would seem like cheating.  ???

Teresa Schultzposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That would certainly seem like cheating.  Perhaps votes - accidental or not - of one's own hubs don't count.

1. nicregi profile image65
        nicregiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is not counted (if my memory did not fail me)...

I also like to try out new things especially when I just joined :p

working