jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Need help to solve problem of "Needs Revision"

1. HubPagesReport profile image61
    HubPagesReportposted 6 years ago

One of my hub in hubpages, tells me to mark as "Needs Revision". I opened that and there are some lines like the following:

Please address the moderator set alert below before submitting this article for publication.

Deceptive Tags, Title, or Category

This hub needs to be revised before it can be published.

Actually, what it means? How to solve this type of situation?

If anybody resolve this type of problem then please tell me. It will definitely help me a lot.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You might be best emailing team@huppages.com to find out what the exact problem.

I'd take it to mean that you say wrote a hub about how to make money online then tagged it and named it "How to cook pizza" or something like that.

Your topic, tags and content need to match.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

If you read the FAQ, it explains this situation,

3. Research Analyst profile image80
    Research Analystposted 6 years ago

Basically what it means is that the title, tags, and categorization of your hub is not accurately representative of the contents of the hub.

Also when tagging hubs it is best that the tags are as descriptive as possible and not too generic because it makes it easier for readers to find your articles by topic.

Hubpages doesn't want hubbers putting words like jewelry, Europe and shopping in the tags of a hub that is about pet grooming. Unless they are relevant to the content.

The best way to analyze it is that the web is based on categories so in order for our content to be filed in the correct virtual file folder we must label our hubs properly.