jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Anyone have an idea about this??

1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

The ads on my hub about prostate cancer were disabled. I'm sure HP will reinstate them in a review, and I've already sent them an email. I'm just curious as to why it was automatically disabled by the filters. Was it because I used the word "penis"?

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Let me know how it works out for you. I had my ads disabled by the filter on a similar type of hub on the same subject, and they were reinstated after a manual review.
      Then I changed a tag on the hub,not realising I'd trip the filter again, and emailed hubstaff to lift the filter again.
      This was about two weeks ago and they emailed me back an apologetic letter saying that google's new rules were tighter than they realised and the ads would stay disabled. I then had to tick to make the hub non-commercial to get rid of the warning message.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image66
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi habee.
      Maybe because of that word, but wait for their response, today is Sunday, but they usually respond soonest

I have a hub entitled "Beautiful and Sexy Pregnant Celebrities In Style", I just learned that the ads were removed and it said it has been reinstated now and that I am the only one who is looking at it.
      I didn't even know that the ads were removed before. I checked my hubs everyday for the signs beside it in the accounts page whether the dollar sign is on etc, so that I will know now,

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Most likely.  Like you said, they will probably clear it once they review it.

3. 0
    pinkyleeposted 6 years ago

This happened to my breast cancer hub and I asked them to review it and reinstate the ads and they did but it was because I used the word breast and boobs I think.

4. 0
    Kathryn LJposted 6 years ago

Certain words automatically get picked up and then the hub is reviewed.  Your ads will be reinstated once someone has reviewed the content of your hub.  Often its the key words that trigger off this action.  It usually takes 24 hours or less so don't worry, it will soon be sorted.

5. akirchner profile image94
    akirchnerposted 6 years ago

Hey Holle! I had the same thing happen to me - and my funny hub about massage that left me with a limp.

I was surprised out of my head since the one on prostate cancer detection was really important (in my little blond mind)....but I emailed team@hubpages and they fixed those right up!

They are back to normal and said they apologized - not sure but maybe the software is being overly sensitive.....(like me most days)!

6. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Hi, Buckie! How ya doin'?

7. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

Same happened with me in a hub where I used the word breast or breasts.  It was the auto filter that did it to - it goes back, one day I have ads, a weeks later I don't.  I emailed the team & got a great response.  Its all about the breasts! smile