Related Hubs Aren't Related

1. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

I know it's been brought up many times before, but maybe one more time may help..

On a hub about health problems with snakes, here are my related hubs:

* snakes with mites
    * Native habitat of the leopard gecko
    * breeding leopard geckos
    * flea market treasure: saddles
    * dog behavioral problems by parasitic diseases
    * Transitioning from relax to natural african american hair

the first one is related, the two leopard gecko ones are semi-related as their reptile related...

What about horse saddles, dog behavioral problems, and african american hair? I see the words flea and parasitic, which is probably what makes the 3rd and 4th related, but goodness totally different topics, and I'm still confused about hair...

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Whitney, the related Hubs are based on matching your tags with tags on other Hubs.

You have a tag for mite control, which means you're going to get related hubs on mite control in dogs, pesticides, nits in humans, and so on.  You've also got the tag 'cuts & abrasions' which could relate to abrasions from saddles, humans shaving, etc etc.

Of course, you can't control what tags other people use, but if you want to avoid these mismatches you may have to reduce your tags a bit.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image87
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Don't you know that Everything is related? smile It's a cosmic thing and HubPages apparently gets it. big_smile