jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Why do my hubs start out displaying Tattoo Ads?

1. jameshills profile image59
    jameshillsposted 8 years ago

I guess things have to start somewhere, but why on earth do they start out displaying stuff about tattoos, when my topics are business related and usually about internet or social marketing?

Just thought it was wierd.

Anyhow, I am loving HubPages and think the ratings is a great step above Squidoo's lens rank because it gives the writer a real and attainable goal towards improving the page.

2. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago

Hi James,

I wondered about this too - but after a short while, your hubs will start displaying relevant adverts.

The tattoo ones must be the default for new hubs, until the big G works out what to put there.

3. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Tattoo and other nonrelated ads will show up in your ad spots until Google has actually indexed your hub, it may take a couple days but you will soon see relevant ads show up in place of the silly tattoo ads.  They're not exactly a placeholder, but rather a sign that your hub qualifies for ads to be placed there - so be patient!

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It's strange, because I can on my own sites, and at other places similar to HubPages, publish or upload my pages and BLAMMO: contextual ads with the right context. No delay.

I'm thinking about making a tattoo hub just to see if it does get those damn tattoo ads first time big_smile

1. Whitney05 profile image67
        Whitney05posted 8 years ago in reply to this

To be complicated, you'll probably get blogging ads to start. Ha. UsualIy I get either tattoo ads or blogging ads on all of my hubs for for first few hours or more.

Maddie, some of mine have taken a few days before they get relevant ads. Sometimes, I'll see hubs that are much older revert back to tattoo or blogging ads for a day or so. Usually in the latter case, I'll edit and republish and they'll correct themselves, but not all the time.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I've never seen it take that long.  Usually within a few minutes of publication, in my experience.

4. Peter M. Lopez profile image91
    Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago

It will either be tattoos or "how to make money online".  Those seem to be the most prevalent for the first few anxious moments before adsense figures out what your hub is all about.

5. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

The tattoos ads always go away once I publish a hub.  It is kind of funny that tattoo ads are the first ones:).

6. jameshills profile image59
    jameshillsposted 8 years ago

Hmm, I just thought it was interesting because I don't see that pattern on my own sites when I post an un-indexed article / post.

Maybe the guys who run HP are just body art junkies and what to convert us to their ways smile

Either way, I am really excited to have found HP!

7. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Recently I see the relevant ads drop in and out of my internet marketing hub - 1 day relevant ads next day tats - and then back to relevant - Ive not seen a published hub revert before but this one does!

8. topstuff profile image60
    topstuffposted 8 years ago

The above two ads often remain irrelevant as far as on my hubs and same i have seen on other hubs too.On hubs two google ads are very common i.e tattoes and sexy photos.Tattoo ads go but the other don't go easily.