Crazy Crazy Traffic!

Jump to Last Post 1-41 of 41 discussions (94 posts)
  1. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

My traffic really picked up yesterday and today after a few weeks in the doldrums - not to anywhere near your level Ryan, but back on track for me. Long may it last!

2. lovebuglena profile image87
    lovebuglenaposted 13 years ago

Wow! How is it possible to get that many hub views in one day? Is there a secret to this?

Lena

1. snagerries profile image69
      snagerriesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The only secret of getting good traffic is: Hard work. Promote your hubs by social bookmarking, commeting on other hubs and continuously writing great hubs. Engage in more discussions in forums etc... These tips have wrown my traffic a lot .. All the very best

3. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

I'm with Lena. How.
    Just one of my articles is reaching 1,000 views after 90 days of publication. Traffic, since implementing a few things, is increasing. The word that comes to mind is: "escargot". -James

4. liljen23 profile image74
    liljen23posted 13 years ago

Yes Ryan, my traffic is off the mark, my traffic views are usually around 100-150 per day but now it is over 200 views for me and some of my hubs have double arrows.. I am glad I made some school hubs!! smile smile

1. Research Analyst profile image73
      Research Analystposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thats really great!

1. liljen23 profile image74
        liljen23posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Laurie smile

2. snagerries profile image69
      snagerriesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thats a great news.. Why dont you share your tips with other fellow hubbers? It will help them as well..

5. Christene profile image60
    Christeneposted 13 years ago

That's awesome. Hope it continues for you.

My traffic is pretty good this week, nothing like that though!

6. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Congrats ryankett, you inspire us.
    I checked mine and my page views increased yesterday and today as well comparing with the last two to three weeks.

7. profile image0
    NS22posted 13 years ago

Inspiring yes, I'm new at this so I'm off to go see what the heck you are writing about.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is not about what you write about, it is about learning how to identify keywords and basic SEO skills.

I suggest heading quickly away from what I am 'writing about' and searching for those people who are 'writing about' SEO, backlinks and keyword analysis.

8. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

well, geez, ryan, just blow us away! big_smile  nice work!!

1. profile image0

Can you still see the OP? Cos I just deleted it hmm

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no, it's gone, but I did see it. wow, great job.

2. englightenedsoul profile image59
        englightenedsoulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oops,Just saw this now..But why did you delete it Ryan?

1. profile image0

I deleted it because I realise how much of a mistake it is to share my traffic and earnings achievements in a public place, so I won't be doing it in future.

9. englightenedsoul profile image59
    englightenedsoulposted 13 years ago

I really don't understand...I think Ryan has deleted the original post of his.  I guess he broke his own 15000 hub visitor a day record...I hope someone guides me on this!!

10. englightenedsoul profile image59

Though I am sad that I missed it but you really have made a good point of not revealing your traffic and earnings in public.  I will surely follow this.

1. profile image0

Well if you must know it is because each time I do so I pick up people that attempt to copy me, rather than self-educating, one of those 'emulators' is you. Rather than copy other people, why not self educate? I don't want to upset you, but you are one of about five people who have seriously attempted to rip me off. I will now attempt to justify this accusation:

<links snipped>

That is exactly 10% of your hubs on identical topics to mine. And that is before I look at the very worst one, the one which really pissed me off the most. And that is this one:

<links snipped>

And the reason that it pissed me off is not because it is very close in topic to one of my hubs, but because you have taken those images straight from one of my hubs. That hub being:

<link snipped>

To be precise you took the images for SheToldMe.com and Snipsly. I know this because I sat there for 15 minutes taking those images directly off of the respective websites using a snipping tool. I then asked them permission of one of those site owners to use the image, to which I have a written 'yes'. Those images could have of originated from only one place, my hub, they were literally created by me.

So to be absolutely frank I am frustrated by people attempting to emulate and copy me. It never works for them, I have never seen somebody rank higher than me for one of my original hub topic ideas, but the principle remains.

What makes me laugh however is that I have never, ever, earnt good money from 'quote' hubs. They are used to enable me to identify copy cats quickly. Those who do not want to learn how to make money independantly will always take the easy way out, and quote hubs are very easy.

What makes me laugh the most though is the idea of people wanting to compete with me. To demonstrate my self belief, I actually copied your hub idea for 'Entrepreneur Quotes', I am going to see how long it takes me to rank above you in the search engines. Its a little project to determine just how much damage people like you could cause me....

Anyway, you know me, I say it how it is....

1. LaMamaLoli profile image60
        LaMamaLoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow. No wonder you are pissed off. I wish I had your problem though! lol In terms of the photo one, surely if the copycat doesn't have permission you can flag it up with the owners of the image? But maybe thats just me having a nasty moment! Hope you feel better now you've got it off your chest though...

1. profile image0

Well I am pretty friendly with him, and I am sure that he appreciates any free publicity, so may as well try and get something out the of the situation...

2. sunforged profile image70
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

es
        How to set up a blog series: ( 2 months)
        <link snipped>

sunforged
        How to make a blog series:
        <link snipped>
        <link snipped>

sunforged
        characteristics of an entrepreneur(original title)
        <link snipped>

es
        (qualities of an entrepreneur)
        <link snipped>

I added these not to claim that the additional hubs were copied from me, but to show that once you have a larger portfolio of work its not uncommon to see lots of similarities in other hubbers portfolios

The similarities in quotes hubs is hard to shrug off - but ES does have 20-30 quotes hubs that seem to be unrelated to your own... when I see very similar trends to my own work, i often assume the other writer has just stumbled upon the same keyword list or put something similar into the adwords tool ..what are the top result for quotes in the tool?

https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/ … earch.none

search = quotes

mark twain is a high priced epc that I would pursue if "quotes" was market i would ever pursue outside of insurance ..maybe some of the others are also?

im glad that you have a smoke screen method in place, Ryan, Ive often worried that you were giving away too much.. I no longer publish my guaranteed winners under the sunforged profile either ...used to receive emails requesting for help and the hub urls they sent me to look at..were just rewrites of my own work!  *facepalm

1. profile image0

I too have been building away from this login, its just a slight shame that I have to.

What was the 3 month, 7 month, 8 month annotation relating to matey? For those particular hubs I was making reference more to the use of my images (which were unique at point of publication) rather than the subject matter.

I understand that she/he has built up a portfolio of quote hubs, but 1 in 9 is the worst case that I have witnessed. I once noticed that I had inadvertedly stolen one of your topics, I think that I jumped all over one of Maddie Ruuds once by accident, that happens. But this individual has been following me very closely, the similarities are rather uncanny.

Anyway, I have plenty of decoys don't worry wink But yeah, I will be a lot more discrete in the future, starting with the removal of a few particular hubs and forum threads. I can't undo any potential damage from my existing actions, but this site evolves pretty rapidly, I will just learn from it.

Anyway, I am off to use a few of those nice keywords smile

2. englightenedsoul profile image59

As the links are snipped, I didn't get much out of the post, but SF I think you are not accusing me as well.  Also, I checked the qualities of entrepreneur hub of yours and I am glad that the content is not even related in the slightest.  And trust me I did not even knew that such an hub existed.  I just stumbled upon it.

And Ryan, if you are accusing me of emulating your quotes hub then I can accuse you as well.  Just for example

<url snipped>

This hub was written by Ultimate Hubber 11 months ago

and <url snipped>

this hub was written by you 2 months ago.  So I think you are emulating Ultimate Hubber.  And Ultimate Hubber is like an encyclopedia of quotes, he has many many hubs on quotes so I think you me and many of us are emulating him.  I think he should be the one accusing us.

And Ryan, I just gave an example and I am very sure you have written that hub on your own.  May be you did not even knew such an hub existed.  That's the thing with quotes hub Ryan, they would always be similar and I also know for the fact that they don't earn a dime.  I have a hub "Funny Sayings, Funny Quotes" that I published 4 months ago(I hope you don't have a hub similar to that) and consistently get a decent traffic from google but it still havn't earned me a dime. 

And I do quotes hub just to get the momentum going.  I know I don't even have half the SEO skills as you but after the 60 day challenge I have learnt to use Market Samurai and if you research any of the quotes hub, though it will show you high CPC, the CTR is always zero and the SEOV value is zero.  So I know for the fact that it will not earn me anything.  And if you see I have published many quotes hub after the challenge but that's because I have committed myself to every 30dc after that and doing these quick quotes hub dont let me get demotivated.

3. englightenedsoul profile image59

@Ryan

I am really shocked.  Ryan, how could you even accused me of it?  I am a lover of quotes as well, just recently published a hub on volleyball sayings.  I don't even know if you have done some thing on volleyball.  And Ryan, if you just check hubpages, there are many quotes hub on the same topic which were published before your's and after your's.  So you mean any hub published after your's would be emulating you.  I have two more quotes hub unpublished right now, so I should not publish it then?

And yes, I do follow you closely, but I also follow Sunforged with great enthusiasm.  Infact you both are like my hubpages hero and have taught me how to make money online.  Infact it was your hubs(the 2 part series of PR3 to PR8 dofollow backlinking sites) that got me early into backlinking and I still use that list.

And as regards to your image on Snipsly and others, trust me I didn't pull it off from your hub.  I did a google search on Snipsly logo and downloaded it.  My understanding was that, if you are promoting a company you won't require their permission.  You can freely use them.  Correct me on this and also let me know which image you want me to remove, I will gladly remove it.

This has been my worst ever day at Hubpages.  I have always avoided confrontation and tried to help everyone in the best way I could.  But Ryan you are wrong this time.  Tell me any other hub,except the quotes which has a resemblance to your hub.  May be the other remotely close hubs would be on social bookmarking sites.  But I did not get the idea to write on it from your hubs, I got this idea from Rmcrayne after I wrote a hub on redgage(I was the first who explained about redgage and now there are many hubs on it but I don't think anyone has ripped me off) and she wanted me to explain other bookmarking sites as well.  And also there are many hubs on social bookmarking sites like shetoldme by experienced and talented hubbers like Edweirdo and Sunforged, so did they rip you off as well?

I seriously don't know what made you think that.  And thanks for maligning my reputation.  But I would still thank you for it as it would directly or indirectly increase my productivity.  Though I don't think would be ever participating in the forums, if it can get this ugly.

4. starme77 profile image78
        starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

O.k O.k - now ya sound like me  when I get pissed off - as a matter of fact thats the first sentence in one of my hubs I wrote recently - smile smile  lol lol Glad to know ya  smile and no I haven't tried to copy ya - just linked to a few of yer hubs is all smile but thats cause I liked em smile think I'll add ya to my profile list - you deserve it smile you go..... you tell em..... and I , well, I like that too:)

2. wavegirl22 profile image47
      wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Natasha - dont worry he will post them again though he claims that he deleted it because he realized how much of a mistake it was to share his traffic and earnings achievements in a public place, he has done it before and he will do it again. . yet he now claims he wont be doing it in the future.

I love how this person boasts that they she fell for my old quote hub trick lol  They don't earn me much at all'

yet this person spends so much time putting quote pages and blogs about quotes together. And then goes and spends more time on.....

.... .. I have other decoys too, in fact I can consider half of my hubs to be 'decoys' or 'scarecrows', and I have made sure that my four of five cashcows are untouchable unless Google does one of its strange random dances

Natasha .. just remember that " TIME IS MONEY "
      and you are a terrific writer and a Hubber I am proud to follow. I love watching you grow in your journey. Don't let this incident set you back in any way shape or form. Anyone that knows you, knows that you have not done what was suggested here.

1. profile image0

wavegirl22, a day before posting on this thread I actually emailed another hubber and stated firmly and clearly that I use quote hubs as a decoy. In fact, that hubber was Darkside. Whether he decides to confirm that or not does not matter to me, I know the truth.

2. kiigeorge profile image60
        kiigeorgeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

nice post Wavegirl

11. thooghun profile image95
    thooghunposted 13 years ago

That is a depressing revelation Ryan -- from a fellow hubber no less.

1. profile image0

I don't allow myself to get depressed, I can't do really, I am doing well. 'Frustrated' would be a more accurate word, as I genuinely try and help people to learn what it is that I do, I have a hubpage which lays this completely bare... At no point do I condone 'emulation', I do suggest attaching yourself to other peoples hub through tagging, but not through competing for the same keywords. I have done this on several occassions by accident, but not purposely...

12. surf traveler profile image77
    surf travelerposted 13 years ago

Ryan this sucks. The hubber has 90 hubs and COPIED 10 of yours. I would bet money the other 80 are copied as well from other Hubbers. This is brutal. I would think you could present this to Hubpages and get this person removed from the site. I know it would be possible for him/her to get a new login and start again, but at least all of these copied hubs would be removed. I'm going to add a link to your hub, from one of my hubs to help in a very small way, in your quest to outrank this ... have to keep editing words... hmmm, to help outrank this other hubber.

1. profile image0

I don't really want to rage too much war, just making the point will probably suffice... but I have taken steps to strengthen the SEO position of those hubs in question, so I will rage 'war' the way that I know best... I just seem to be pretty good at hubpages, topics are only a small part of that wink

I actually expect immitation or emulation, often it is sub-concious or accidental, and sometimes it can actually add value... but when it is widespread, it does cause me slight concern.....

My response will be positive though, 150 backlinks in the past 10 days is part of that, this is a competitive business of course, we all have competitors, I just prefer it when they are invisible... and like I said, she fell for my old quote hub trick lol They don't earn me much at all... I have other decoys too, in fact I can consider half of my hubs to be 'decoys' or 'scarecrows', and I have made sure that my four of five cashcows are untouchable unless Google does one of its strange random dances smile

There is an approximate 1 in 90 chance that somebody copies one of my high earners, and a practically zero chance that they can effect it negatively, unless they have a lot more skill and knowledge that the likes of Enlightened Soul.

13. ns1209 profile image64
    ns1209posted 13 years ago

Ryan - is that why you do quote hubs! I did wonder how you could make money off them! 

Remember though they say imitation is the highest form of flattery!

1. profile image0

It isn't the sole reason, they do actually get traffic, and occassionally I can do at least 'something' with that traffic... but the direct earnings are rubbish about 95% of the time.

14. liljen23 profile image74
    liljen23posted 13 years ago

Wow Ryan, you are really upset sad

15. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

sunforged, I'll take potent potables for $1,000. (if adsense would dare)

16. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Whether those hubs make any money or not, they are still the product of your work and I hope you reported this to HP.
    I will never likely be in the position as I make a pittance by comparison but what I write is mine and I would be p*ssed.

1. profile image0

Ohma, they aren't necessarily plagiarised (I haven't bothered reading), it is just the uncanny resemblance with the topics from somebody that has long hung by my every word (trust me, my words often aren't worth hanging on).

Remember that as they are quote hubs, I myself have to do a bit of manipulation and source them very carefully, in order to avoid duplicate content filters.... each of those quotes are somebody elses words wink

If this was a case of plagiarism I would be a lot more angrier than I am, its just that the opportunity happened to present itself on this thread to explain my reason for its deletion. It just worked out that way.... Didn't really intend to start all this, but I do have a point I feel...

17. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

hmm, i might stand a chance at ranking for "sun quotes" smile

18. Arthur Fontes profile image75
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago

Ryankett

I have a question concerning quotes.  I am not trying to compete I just have a question.

Could I do the same thing with song lyrics that you have done with quotes?  I have been wanting to do some hubs quoting song lyrics but I thought it would break some kind of copyright?

1. profile image0

I wouldn't to be honest, they are 100% certain to trip the duplicate content filter.

I spend a lot of time on my quotes hubs sourcing the quotes from different sources. For a 25 quote hub I may use 8-10 different sources. This will normally prevent the duplicate content trip.

That said, even then it sometimes trips, I have a few to delete or rewrite for that reason - they probably impact on my hubberscore.

Hope that helps. Feel free to write any quote hubs that you wish, there are plenty of titles for grabs on this page thanks to Sunforged wink

1. Arthur Fontes profile image75
        Arthur Fontesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is kind of what I thought, about the duplicate content.  I appreciate the reply.

19. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

I just snapped up Borat quotes too!

1. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's  a Nice!

20. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Hi Ryan, just read about people copying your quote hubs, I have followed your work a lot, trying to learn.. I don't have a whole lot of time, so I tried doing quote hubs but all of mine are different subjects to yours.. I respect the fact that you have learnt everything yourself and deserve your rewards

1. profile image0

Richieb799, don't worry I know wink

I checked you out as well, you have so many unique hubs that even if you did it wouldn't bother me... you have a clear ability to pick your own areas of interest, and I have enjoyed a number of your hubs. I hope that you didn't feel like I was making reference to you, I don't 'own' the huge niche for 'quotes', neither do I want to... In fact, I got the idea from Maddie Ruud... its a huge area of ground which anybody can choose to cover... I just noticed that 4 out of 6 of this particular hubbers 'latest hubs' at one stage shared almost identical titles to mine, and it gave me the hump.

Cheers, Ry.

1. Richieb799 profile image75
        Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

No I didn't think it was in reference to me but I just wanted to show my appreciation for your help towards newbies and show I was a fan of your work! Thanks again! just trying to get a hub done lol

21. SaMcNutt profile image61
    SaMcNuttposted 13 years ago

I am a steady-as-she-goes kind of girl. My hubs have a steady incline, but I only write what interests me and I am passionate about. What I am wondering is, if I edit my work (I write the hubs too late at night to make my editing skills worth a dang) do the hubs get more visibility with the change?

New to all of this. I am not focused on a huge readership fo the sake of numbers, but I would like to share the information with as many people as would appreciate it. Looking for advice that fits me and my hubs specifically, if anyone is interested in checking them out. I would really appreciate.

Thanks

22. Richieb799 profile image75

Ryan, whats the best way to find out if any of your hubs have been copied elsewhere on the net? someone said there was a tool in your hubpages account but I couldn't find it before lol

1. profile image0

Well Hubpages is supposed to run a check monthly, and a small copyright symbol will appear next to your hub in red. I'm not sure if they still do or not.

Copyscape allows a certain number of free searches, but they have a montly quota which is often exceeded by this time of the month.

www.copyscape.com I believe. The internet archive also performs this task effectively, just google that...

23. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Crazy crazy traffic?

Crazy crazy hubbers smile

24. Richieb799 profile image75

Yes I heard of copyscape and the limited searches.. Just have to hope HP staff have their internet eyes peeled tongue

1. profile image0

Alternatively, just do an advanced google search, and copy a line from your hubpage into the 'exact phrase' field... this will bring any offending articles up as long as they are indexed wink

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When I first joined HP I wondered why people didn't share more. It's because of people who can't do their own work. Just wish the net had a more stringent copyright structure. I'd personally feel awful if someone thought I'd copied their hub.

I occasionally put a paragraph into google to see if a hub has been copied. However only a handful of (surprising topic) hubs make me money - I just write what interests me.

Keep up the good work and I think it's good to point out the cheaters - might not achieve a lot but will make real writers beware.

1. profile image0

Its good to have another aussie on board, you all seem to be very decent people smile

Although of course, our ancestors over here spawned most of your ancestors, so to be expected lol

1. IzzyM profile image85
            IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And the fact they were prisoners had nothing to do with it!True, the old British penal colonies started off in Australia, but those were in the days when people got sent down for stealing a loaf of bread (because they were starving to death). Some children actually got sent to Australia for stealing an item of clothing off a clothes line when they were naked.

25. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Sadly, it's not terribly hard to 'copy' a successful hubbers work. You can completely rewrite it so that it is indeed original work, but to follow the most successful hubbers around and use their keywords(which these guys are telling you to use in the hub title and url, so aren't hard to figure out) is just plain sick.
    It might be every man for himself out there on the internet, but to do this within hubpages itself is sickening.
    If I were a successful hubber, I'd now be very careful about what I said on the forums. Its nice to be nice, and its nice to be able to be helpful.
    But its certainly not nice when fellow hubbers rip you off. Thanks for the warning Ryan smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Made the mistake of sharing what works for me. sad

I even had one guy rewrite one of my hubs and send me a link asking for a critique. lol

26. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Just so you know, the DMCA covers both copy of your work AND modification of your work.  If you can prove that some one has taken your work and modified it with something such as an article spinner, then you still have a right to have it removed.

That is usually way too much work for too little benefit though!

1. IzzyM profile image85

But Thisisoli, it isn't hard for someone here to use someone else's keywords and write a completely new article. To follow a successful hubber around, and copy his keywords rather than go and look for your own, is pitiful.
      I'm learning the secrets of SEO, slowly and the hard way, and keywords alone just don't do it.
      There is so much more to it, though it does all start with successful keywords.
      I just hope Ryankett has the time or enough financial clout to blow any pretenders clean away. He did the hard work, the keyword research etc...why should someone else be able to profit from his work?

1. profile image0

Don't worry, I am going from strength to strenght wink No need to worry about me.... I have some big big news coming up in the next couple of months, which will change my life, and see me online a lot more smile All is good with Ryan... I will send you a personal email sometime to explain a little further.

1. IzzyM profile image85

Please do smile

27. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

My traffic is unusually high today too... smile although not many clicks.. sad

28. wilderness profile image93
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Well, my traffic is certainly crazy, but not in a way I like.  Down to about 1/3 my normal traffic for the day, but suddenly had 5 clicks this morning, at about $1 income.  Then no income but still 5 clicks.  And analytics shows 1 click with no income.  What the???

1. IzzyM profile image85

I've had that before - google must must have determined them to be invalid. Better to lose the clicks than your account! (hey not saying YOU were clicking, but maybe they all came from the same IP address or something, so google discounted them).

1. wilderness profile image93
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, and that's what worries me.  I even asked my wife if she had clicked some on her laptop (though I don't think she even knows how to get to any of them) but neither she nor I have done so.

And I kind of think it was something funny - I don't get many clicks yet, so to have 5 in a half hour was pretty unusual.  Odd that they took the income but not the clicks though.

1. IzzyM profile image85

It could be someone you don't even know on the other side of the world. Just as HP dislikes certain IP's because of previous misdemeanour's, google have a list too. Don't worry about it smile

Not much to worry about yet.  I still have ads up, and no nasty email from HP or Google, so intend to just kinda keep an eye out.

Your comment about certain IP's makes sense, too - thanks Izzy.

1. thooghun profile image95
              thooghunposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I made a thread about this before wilderness, the exact same thing happened to me: 5 clicks at the same time. Wierd.

Yes, I saw that.  Did anything ever come of it?  Any answers?

29. indian cooking profile image62
    indian cookingposted 13 years ago

My views per day is only around 350 a day. Guess no one is interested in recipes.

30. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

I've been doing quotes on my blogs for years, never ever thought of putting them here, not going to either because they don't make a dime for me.

I had someone writing very closely to what I would write for quite a while last fall/winter & I stopped writing much of anything after that.  I was pissed because that person already had such a huge following from forum follies that it didn't make any sense why they would choose to write about the same topic within the same category within a day or a few days of me. 

I need to build up my other profile.

31. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Jane@CM, how did you find out about the other Hubber?  The things I write about are not very likely to attract anyone else to copy or emulate, so I don't think I really need to worry for myself.  But I just wondered how someone would figure that out?

32. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

No, I wasnt accusing you ES, I was trying to show that its easy to find similarities when comparing large portfolios of work.

1. englightenedsoul profile image59

Thanks SF.  And you are absolutely right you can have similarities and infact I have just searched all my hubs and all of them have been touched upon except for a couple.  But that doesn't mean I am ripping someone off or someone is ripping me off.  If you remember, during the 60dc Edweirdo and I had many hubs on social bookamrking sites but that does not mean he was ripping me or I ripped him off.  Or we stole other's idea.  Infact, we both linked to each other's hub where appropriate to provide a good read to readers.  They were totally unique hub on the same subject.

I just don't understand why Ryan felt the need to accuse me.  I havn't plagiarized his content.

33. starme77 profile image78
    starme77posted 13 years ago

ok ryankett - yer now offically on my favorites list on my profile page - if you want to get off of there then you'll have to tell me off really good smile  - better than ya did the other guy lol lol

34. JulieBMack profile image60
    JulieBMackposted 13 years ago

Good for you!  Traffic is always good!  I am new to HubPages so any hints would be great!  I have not totally perused through all the tutorials, etc.  I am NOT new to online writing, so I understand SEO, Social Media, etc.  I am just wondering about some of the specifics at this site.  Looking forward to writing here!

35. englightenedsoul profile image59

Few more examples Ryan but believe me I am not accusing you of anything.  Just want to tell you that your reasoning is flawed.

Example 1

< link snipped....>

< link snipped > published 4 weeks ago by Ryankett

Example 2

< link snipped > published 22 months ago by leblanc

< link snipped > published 8 months ago by Ryankett

Example 3

< link snipped > published 5 months ago by my-success-guru

< link snipped > published 5 weeks ago by Ryankett

Example 4

< link snipped > published 14 months ago by Ripplemaker

< link snipped > published 8 months ago by Ryankett

Infact, you will rarely find a topic which hasn't been touched.  There are more than 1000 hubs on quotes, many written before you and many after you. 

Infact if you do  search on beauty quotes, the you will see that it was first published by wavegirl 2 months ago, then by  me 4 weeks ago and then by KoffeeKlatch Gals 3 weeks ago(And this hub by KoffeKlatch Gals is regularly featured on front page).  So according to your reasoning wavegirl should blame me and I should blame KoffeeKlatch Gals. 

Anyways though I did not have to justify myself but still I did it as I have really been a genuine admirer of you.  Hope you know that I am not stealing or ripping you off of anything.

36. Appletreedeals profile image67
    Appletreedealsposted 13 years ago

oops sorry, just wanted to use the loo, do I still have to buy a ticket for the show?

GA

37. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 13 years ago

ryan, I hope you will reconsider regarding englightenedsoul.  She has selflessly given of her time in offering help to me on multiple occasions.  She always seems kind, warm, and positive.

38. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I read this one and I don't think enlightened soul can do this Mr Ryankett, hope you consider her as she is nice, helpful, enthusiastic, accommodating and always have the energy to help others here like you are doing by sharing information to us.

There are lessons to be learned and I always appreciate the encouragement and the knowledge you share to us.

39. kiigeorge profile image60
    kiigeorgeposted 13 years ago

im new here .. wow .. had no idea ..
    been most enlightening .. y'know i like quotes too .. have for years ..and was sort of thinking of doing a site on quotes .. it shouldve occurred to me that thousands have gone before me ..wouldn't go near em now .. unless i think of an original way to do it

aint life fun !

y' know i wouldn't be too tough on ES, She sounds kinda genuine to me. She should just stay away from " quotes hubs" particularly those that are just filled with quotes. Perhaps we all should. There always other people words in any case.

40. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

I find it amusing that someone who makes hubs by rearranging the exact words of other people, is now accusing someone else of copying - without ever looking at the substance of the hubs.

And if this is just a decoy Ryan, why is your first privately-owned website going to be dedicated to quotes? Or was that just a decoy as well?

41. SiddSingh profile image59
    SiddSinghposted 13 years ago

If SEO, Keywords, research, original content, backlinks, promotion etc was not enough, we have a new tactic to contend with (if we want to succeed on HubPages).

It is called "Smoke and Mirrors".

It calls for extensive deployment of smoke screens and decoys - much like a military tactic.

Like Ryan suggests - he has only 5 or 6 niches that are worth anything. Lets say he has a total of 50 hubs in those niches overall. The remaining 350 are nothing else but pure and simple deception for foolish pretenders.

That means that for every single hub that is useful, one must produce another 7 - simply to guard that one absolute gem. Pretty hard work I would say. But hard work is what separates wheat from chaff.

On another level, I would agree with what Wavegirl had to say - Ryan had done it before, Ryan will do it again.

I also remember an earlier incident, when another hubber - one of the best writers on HP, was simply bullied away from this site.

Ryan had also gone away for a few weeks, after "seeing the true colors" of some people on HP.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)