jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Okay guys, I feel a little dumb here.

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image69
    PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago

I am not computer-orientated and so I really don't know if my Hubs are turning out the way they should. Could someone check them out and let me know even if ads are showing? I have adsense and kontera. But I really don't know if I do as I cannot figure out where to post the codes I get from some to put on my webpage.(?) See? Not the smartest of folks...lol.

Any advice would be great too - from what my reports are stating, I haven't had even 1 click.

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

They look fine to me, with both adsense and Amazon ads.

You might want to re-consider the placement of your first picture, though.  The spot to the right of the first text capsule is prime territory for an adsense ad - you've taken it up with photos.

I typically make my first text capsule a short, introductory kind of thing and let adsense do it's thing to the right of it.

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image69
      PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, I will try that....smile

3. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

I think you are doing a very good job. Keep up the good work and don't forget to read, read, and read some more from the gurus on the site who know how to make this work.

4. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey PaulaHenry,

Welcome to HubPages!

I looked in on the hub below and my advice is below that.

(a) it needs to be a tad bit longer. Hubs should be more than 400+ words. Optimum level is about 1000+ words.
    (b) you could benefit from more ads, which means you should use more text capsules in your hub. This will create more ad spaces.
    (c) paragraphs. Most people reading online articles will have a short attention span and if you have a bunch of writing that just continues on....then readers are not likely to continue reading.

Darkside wrote an excellent hub on use of capsules. The link is below.

Also Frogdropping wrote 2 wonderful hubs about helping new people, so I would suggest reading them. Links are below also.

On another note, just to let you know, you are in the Extreme Hub Makeover forum. You can post HUB links. It is unfair to ask people to check out ALL 9 hubs you have written.

You can post a couple of links and ask for a review. Then work on those, then come back and ask about a couple of others.

I do hope you enjoy your time on HubPages. Enjoy!