jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Add Google search with ads

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

I just got this idea from another thread.

Add a google search box! With results including ads of course.

2. Cyber Lawyer profile image61
    Cyber Lawyerposted 6 years ago

So why do you think this idea has merit?

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Because, Google already has incentives for searches. It could be incorporated into HubPages, if HubPages can work out a financial arrangement with Google, since they are already partnered. wink

1. Norah Casey profile image80
      Norah Caseyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I believe this is already under discussion, but I will bring it up at our next meeting. Thank you for the suggestion!

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Norah, I do not want to take credit for the suggestion, because I wasn't the one who started the thread. But, I was the one who pointed you to this thread from another.

Thank you for your response. I'm grateful you took time to check it out and are considering discussing it further internally. smile

4. Cyber Lawyer profile image61
    Cyber Lawyerposted 6 years ago

Could it be done so that it will not lead traffic away from this site?

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That part is an unknown factor by me. That lays in the hands of HubPages.

1. Ivorwen profile image85
        Ivorwenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If it worked like any other google search that you can add to individual web sites, then yes, they could.

1. 0
          ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Whilst it could open up in a new window, the chances are that the searcher will find something else interesting to peruse (e.g. the info that he was initially looking for), and leave that way. The best method for AdSense earnings is to entice a reader to your page, and then leave them with no option but to click on a highly relevant ad to find what it is exactly that the are looking for..... I just fear that this would result in a major leak, effectively having the same effect for google users as the 'back' button....

5. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 6 years ago

Google search can be set to a specific domain and will only contain the results of that domain, so this could open up some earning opportunities and shouldn't leak off the site.

Although I don't think hubpages will add this though....

1. JulieBMack profile image61
      JulieBMackposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Wayne and Lvorwen for mentioning that about the individual websites - I was going to add that as well.  smile Most blogger sites or even content sites only include searches on their site.  Some have the option to search on the site or on Google or elewhere.  I think this could be a great addition. I am not sure how that would work on each HubPage though so each individual would get the "search" google credit.

6. PaulaHenry1 profile image68
    PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago

There is an option to open the search in your page. I was actually asking how to do it on another tiopic and since it is offered by google and I had the code, ect- just didn't know how to put it on as I'm new and was told we couldn't, but yes, awesome idea and would love to have it!