jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

related hubs

1. Drewpen profile image60
    Drewpenposted 6 years ago

Alright Im sure someone out here in hub land can help me. I have related links to my hub that are not related!  Help this is driving me nuts

Drew Pen

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Totally normal. It's really a tool for hubpages to keep up their internal links. Personally I don't use it - I only link between my own hubs.

3. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

Huh????

You'd better translate.  What on earth do you mean?

You mention something about your hub, but your stats in the forum say that you have 0 hubs.  Have you unpublished it perhaps? And how did you learn about the "related links"?  Has someone else linked to your (disappeared) hub?  That would be nice for you, if so.

4. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming that the OP is writing their first hub and accidentally came across the "suggest links" button and is a bit confused by some of the results.

5. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

I was just about to post that I guessed you had figured that out.  I was a bit slow on the uptake.  lol  Thanks!

6. EmmaMedu profile image73
    EmmaMeduposted 6 years ago

Drew Pen,
    If you are talking about the button "suggest links", that is an option when you're writing your hub. HubPages suggest that you link your hub to other author’s hubs based on the keywords you are using. But some of the keywords bring you hubs that have nothing to do with your topic or don't bring any hubs at all.

You don't have to use this at all. Or, you can choose your own links or somebody else's. If you choose to link to a hub that's not yours, you will get some hub karma points.
    I suggest you read more about Hub Karma on HubPages FAQ.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hub karma will go up if you only link between your own hubs, too.

working