jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)

hubpages

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
    BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago

does hubpages ever sleep?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The HubPages team sleeps, yes.  (Some of us more than others.)  We often get angry emails that seem to imply that we shouldn't... and that we should never have weekends or holidays either.  I think folks just forget that there are real people running the site.  And only a few of us, at that.

1. wilderness profile image93
        wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Aw, Maddie, most us are completely aware of that.  And believe me, we appreciate the efforts you folks make - without you we wouldn't have much to work with.  Thanks from all of us.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
          Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I just found it funny when one guy asked for my employee identification number, so he wouldn't have to deal with someone else next time he emailed.

1. Greek One profile image75
            Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

can I ask for your ID number so i CAN deal with you next time? smile

2. thisisoli profile image55
            thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good idea, can I have your social security number and date of birth so I don't have to deal with any one else big_smile

2. Cagsil profile image60
          Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Agreed!

HubPages' Team ROCKS!

2. Greek One profile image75
        Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hey Maddie.....

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!

tongue

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

That's like asking if the Internet ever sleeps. wink

3. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

No, it doesn't.  That's the good thing about it - it's there when we are.   lol  (That, and the fact that if we're up super-early, super-late, or in the middle of night and looking for something to do, it's a lot quieter than vacuuming or working out.   smile  )

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hubpages is a good cure for insomnia, just do not overdose it. Never before a meal or in a process, or you might choke on it.

2. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
      BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hey Lisa you mentioned a new word with two letter u's in, not heard that before.

4. Joy56 profile image59
    Joy56posted 6 years ago

always someone there to talk to, especial Cagsill, he don't need much sleep

5. Mighty Mom profile image89
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

It's because you all make it look so ... seamless. We DO forget that Hub Pages is run by real (super) human beings.
    Thank you Maddie and HP team!

6. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Some may forget, Maddie, but I don't think most do.  Maybe there needs to be a banner across every page on here, "Hey!  Don't send us unreasonable and ridiculous e.mails!!  mad  "  (and make sure there's a really, really, mean face next to it.   lol  )

7. raisingme profile image90
    raisingmeposted 6 years ago

I will be forever grateful to Maddie and the rest of the Hub Pages team.  This place is one of the best finds I have made in a long time and I cannot even begin to imagine the time, attention and energy it takes to put it all together and keep it there.  My hat (should I ever wear one, I look lousy in them) is off to all of you and you have my heartfelt thanks!

P.S.  Now can I have your employee I.D. #?   tongue

working