jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Trading comments

1. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I have noticed that some hubbers ask others to leave comments, then promise that they will visit the commenter and leave comments on their hubs in return. What do you think of this approach?

1. 0
      Medkh9posted 6 years ago in reply to this

i dont agree wiht that , its such an abuse , comments have to be made because of the importance of the content not for the sake of its author

2. snagerries profile image75
      snagerriesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I dont think it will make much sense.. Whats the use of getting such fake comments? I think you will feel more happy when you will get genuine feedback/comments instead of getting fake comments..

3. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I find it completely disingenuous and extremely off-putting.  I mark such comments as spam.

1. snagerries profile image75

Yaa such comments should be marked as spam. Even I got some requests for comments trading as well as click trading but I simply ignored.. This is all fraud.

2. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Not my cuppa. Same when someone sends a message via 'fan' mail, asking to be followed back. I'm not sure such trades are welcomed by most. I've even had emails informing me that the sender has left a comment, please do the same for them. For my part, I cringe, just a little, and I'd never solicit for comments.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Frogdropping, I feel the same. It would even discourage me from leaving comments, because they might get the impression I am soliciting feedback. I do not want others to comment on my hubs just because they feel they must.

4. Info Bucket profile image76
    Info Bucketposted 6 years ago

I never minds it. This is a place to share our knowledge, and not a place for promoting our stuffs. I totally don't agree with this procedure. And i love HP because of its strict monitoring system, Goto Flixya and you'll find HP is the best. There's a spam fest in that site.

5. akirchner profile image96
    akirchnerposted 6 years ago

I find it a little disarming myself as I think we can decide for ourselves who we want to visit and/or leave comments for.  I don't look 'down' on the folks for doing it and I guess in their minds it is 'good PR' but as mentioned, it may have the opposite effect and no one will ever reciprocate when addressed as such.  I guess there are all levels of manners and this would probably be one but then in the 'real world' there are all kinds of techniques and some people are just pushy while others are pushovers! I tend to just go 'whatever' and go on like I did before but it probably is not 'best manners' in my humble opinion.

6. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Ayup.  It is a kind of fraud, and it would cause me to unfollow and ignore that person evermore.

1. snagerries profile image75

Yaa.. Even I didnt that once..