jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

1. 0
    Donna Ferrierposted 6 years ago

Good morning,

Last night I made some groups for my hubs and assigned them. This morning when I pulled up my profile, the hubs weren't even close to the way I assigned them, and the groups I made aren't the groups hub pages put them in. Hub pages seems to assign them to groups based on their categories instead of the group names that I made and assigned to them.

Is there anything I can do about this, other than change their hub pages categories? Right now, with the way hub pages assigned them, they look kinda discombobulated.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Groups are just for your own organization within your overall total  of Hubs, and have nothing to do with HubPages categories.  Rearrange your groups however you wish.

1. 0
      Donna Ferrierposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I know...I just thought that the groups that I made would be the ones displayed on my profile page instead of the Hub Pages categories. Otherwise I don't understand what the purpose of organizing the groups would be.

Take care.

1. relache profile image88
        relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

On your account/stats page is where you have the option to view your Hubs in the groups you created.

3. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

They are different, your hub profile uses catagories.  Groups are for personal organization and can be displayed at the bottom of your hub.

4. akirchner profile image95
    akirchnerposted 6 years ago

The grouping in your hub profile page would reflect how you originally set up (what category, subcategory) your hubs in so they autoload into that category.

Groups as people have mentioned above are just for our organization purposes and so we can find them if need be. 

Sometimes if you have a lot, it helps to organize them the way that you categorized them originally - to avoid confusion.  I seem to be prone to that - between being blond and being old! Good luck!!!