jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How can you eat healthy at a fast food joint?

1. Eddy2106 profile image82
    Eddy2106posted 6 years ago

I've never thought about eating healthy at a fast food place, but there has to be something on every fast food menu that is healthy for you. Anyone have any thounghts about healthy eating at fast food joints?

2. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Yes, just have the side salad that they always serve.

3. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

Skip the fries and anything sweet.

4. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

if you have a chik-fil-a near you, they have some decent healthy choices. they have a summer salad now that's delicious with a low-fat dressing. order grilled rather than crispy.

I found this link which might be helpful. good info.

5. Money Glitch profile image89
    Money Glitchposted 6 years ago

Go for char-broiled instead of fried on the grill. No mayo use mustard or ketchup instead. Leave off the cheese; and if you are really serious order the sandwich, but eat the meat and veggies only. No soda or sweeten tea ask for water. smile

6. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Some of the salads topped with grilled chicken are really good! I really like the one with oranges. Can't remember which ff place has that salad...

KFC has baked chicken, slaw, and salad.

Captain D's has baked fish.

It's not fast food, but when I'm low-carb dieting I love to go to Golden Corral because they have so many baked and grilled meats and seafoods, along with lots of veggies like squash, greens, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and cauliflower.

7. tony0724 profile image59
    tony0724posted 6 years ago

On the rare occasion I go to a fast food joint , I am not interested in getting carrot sticks . I wanna eat something that is gonna seriously clog my arteries.