jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

You Tube

1. Ellimac Ymac profile image60
    Ellimac Ymacposted 7 years ago

Hi. New hubber here. Do you have to have permission from the poster to use a You Tube video in your blog? Thanks!

Camy

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
      Paul Edmondsonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

it's fine to embed youtube videos when it's enabled from them.

2. Aficionada profile image91
    Aficionadaposted 7 years ago

Does "enabled from them" have any meaning other than simply using the URL of the video as it appears on the YouTube site?

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No, that's what he means.  If someone doesn't want you to embed their Youtube clip, they have the option to disable that function.

3. Aficionada profile image91
    Aficionadaposted 7 years ago

That's very cool!  Thanks for the explanation. 

I was particularly interested in this, because I just in the past hour incorporated my first video and it was from YouTube. There are others that I'm planning to use, but in those cases I know the poster, so it's a different story.

4. Aiden Roberts profile image85
    Aiden Robertsposted 7 years ago

Hi
    As other comments if you tube videos are open for use in your articles thet will have the option to get an "embed code" which you paste into your video capsule. Out of courtesy I contact video owner and give them the url of where their video is being used, sometimes you can get a backlink from the video owner.
    Good luck

5. Ellimac Ymac profile image60
    Ellimac Ymacposted 7 years ago

Thank you so much for the replies.

6. J@ps profile image75
    J@psposted 7 years ago

Looks like I was too late the hero.

Anyway I myself had asked this one, although only to myself.

But I guess if you use youtube and you let your videos be embedded (which I think is the default), you by default already "agree" to have it be "taken" by anybody to use for their own purpose.

working