jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

URL trackers in bookmarks?

1. TinaAtHome profile image76
    TinaAtHomeposted 6 years ago

When I put a bookmark on Xomba or RedGage should I put the plain URL or the URL with the tracker? Does anyone have any opinion on this?

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's really up to you.  There's some debate over whether it affects the value of the backlink.  Generally people think it doesn't - but to be on the safe side, some people don't include the tracker every time.

I include mine if I'm posting somewhere I think I might attract other writers.

2. W. Christopher profile image74
      W. Christopherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Personally, if it's my own hub, I'd most likely NOT use the tracker. If it's someone else's hub that I'm promoting, I WOULD put the tracker.

The tracker will increase your affiliate impressions. So, you could potentially have an increase in sales, or AdSense/Kontera revenue if you use a tracker all of the time.

But it's really up to you.

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Remember also that if you're posting on a writing site, you might attract a writer.  If you do and they sign up to HubPages using your tracker, you earn ongoing income from that.  In fact, that pays better than the small amount of money from other people's Hubs.

2. EmmaMedu profile image75
    EmmaMeduposted 6 years ago

I include URL tracker whenever I remember to do it. Sometimes I just copy-paste the link without URL tracker and sometimes I use the option "link to this page" at the bottom.
    I bookmark my links with URL tracker on RedGage. But, for example, some websites don't allow you to bookmark with URL tracker, such as Shetoldme or Seekyt.

3. climberjames profile image60
    climberjamesposted 6 years ago

I posted a similar subject: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/48620#post1111990

Darkside stated: "I wouldn't use them for social bookmarking sites, but certainly on other sites that you control or own."