jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

When you showed up

1. kennynext profile image83
    kennynextposted 6 years ago

When you first started writing on hubpages, did you feel like this is the best community? Other places I have been do not seem to have much communication with newcomers, leaving a person feel left out. Not so with hubpages, this is an awesome site and the people are great. Thanks hubbers.

1. 0
      Kathryn LJposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi kennynext, I've always found people great on this site.  Watch out for some of the political and religious threads, they get rather heated and sometimes a little naughty.  Personally, I love it when people debate and your right, the hubbers  are special, thanks guys and thank you kennynext for pointing it out.

2. Ohma profile image82
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

I think we are all pretty addicted to the site.
    I agree it is a great community.

1. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So right, Ohma, it's addicting!  I told myself I had to take time off, yet I"m still here almost daily!  Well, when school starts in a few weeks I'll have to take time off so I can concentrate on my classes. hmm

3. PaulaHenry1 profile image68
    PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago

It's horriblle isn't it? I used to go to bed so much earlier and be outdoors a lot more! DARN YOU HUBPAGES!!!! smile I love it- nice people.

4. Beth100 profile image85
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

One of the best writing communities!  There's plenty of hub-love, hub-support, hub-readership, and hub-alot of hub-fastic things!!

Welcome Kenny!!  smile

(somewhere there is a "hub" dictionary.... )

5. Denise Handlon profile image88
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

I love the title of this thread, Kenny, 'When you showed up'.  Cool.  I haven't any other writing sites to compare it to, but I am glad I joined hubpages finally. (Friend told me about it a year ago and I never got around to investigating it until this past May). 
    I agree: some of the forums can get you burned from the heat, as I have just found out.  Ouch!  I am still smarting and it doesn't feel very good.  Almost took myself away from HP, but it would be like cutting my nose off to spite my face.  So, I'll be more selective next time.

6. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

When I first came to Hubpages I just made a few hubs and left, I only made them for backlinks!

I came back nearly a year later because I had some erroneous Adsense earnings appear!

7. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

I (heart) Hub Pages!
    There's something for everyone here! And you get back from it what you put in. It's really easy to get to know other hubbers who are interested in the same topics as you.
    You can get to know people and engage in some spirited debate in the forums.
    Jump right in! We're glad to have you here with us.

8. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

When I first showed up, HubPages felt like it was under construction.  Of course, it actually was, since I joined up during the beta phase.  It would still be a few months before the site opened its doors to the world, and it took about another year after that before the forums first appeared. 

And that date was July 31, 2006.... Four years ago from now.

1. Aficionada profile image93
      Aficionadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Happy "Anniversary," relache! big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

You have done so much to make HubPages what it is.  Thank you for every contribution you make!

1. snagerries profile image73
        snagerriesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Happy anniversary relache...

2. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Congrats on your 4th Anniversary. Four years and you have been here since the beta launch, much must have changed over that time.

Here is to another 4 years for you.

All the best

9. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Congratulations relache, not only on your anniversary here, but also your capacity to spot a good thing early and stick with it.
    I appreciate the good work you do in the community as well. smile