jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Rule of thumb regarding answers

1. 0
    Margaret W.posted 6 years ago

In the help documentation it says that answers should be short. Of course I read this after I spat out a really long answer to a question. So what is the rule of thumb on answer lengths? Is it better to turn long answers into hubs, even if they aren't really hub quality?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would say probably make a hub.  There have been hubs produced about nearly everything under the sun - it the question was interesting enough to answer, you must have been interested.

A little research (or a lot), some thought and time and you could answer the question "How long are bee antennae" and make it interesting to someone out there.  Go for it!

2. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

If it's going to be a long answer you might as well get some benefit out of it smile

3. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

There's a point where there's no room for an answer that's too long, so I figure, as long as it doesn't come back and say it's too long - if a long answer seems right, why not.  Some questions are serious and need more than a few lines, but some are so specific and personal I don't want to write a Hub.   I just go with the "whatever" approach.  I've had answers that the system says are too short, so then you have to add a few lines or forget about answering it. 

(Maybe most people don't lean toward the long-winded the way I do, so a lot have probably not written such a long answer the system rejects it.  lol   (I mean well   hmm)