jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Fat chick in a bikini - That's a Google Ad?

1. Bill Yovino profile image90
    Bill Yovinoposted 6 years ago

I have a hub about a special moment I shared with my father many years ago. I just finished editing it and found that a Google ad with a fat women (a really fat women) in a bikini, holding up a fish was placed on the page. What the heck kind of ad is that? I unchecked the box that says that the hub should be considered commercial and the add disappeared. Doesn't Google screen their ads?

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's possible to stop adverts from certain sites from appearing by typing the domain name... I've started doing that lately on some of the more annoying ones!

2. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

I think you missed the whole point of that ad hmm

It was meant to be taken from the fish's perspective... not the Fat girl's... If asked; I think you would find that the fish felt the same way as you did.... and didn't appreciate the fat girl either! hmm

1. Bill Yovino profile image90
      Bill Yovinoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The story was about a coming of age moment with my father.  That picture just didn't belong on the page.

3. Midasfx profile image65
    Midasfxposted 6 years ago

If you log into you google adsense account, you can filter those ads and anything like it. You can also pick specific ads to only show on your hubs if you chose to do so. Its not that hard to do, I'm an adsense noob and I did it.

I have a blog about lounge music, and all my ads were for Sears Chaise Lounge chairs !?!?! 

So I logged into my adsense account and made it so Sears ads do not appear on my blog and I also filtered out anything that had to do with " Lounge Chairs "