jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

First Amazon earnings!

1. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

It was a good day yesterday - I had my first Amazon sale.  Not from one of my ads, but a sale for $5, netting me a whole $.20.  It's definitely a start, and exciting.

And my traffic yesterday set a record for visits in one day - higher than ever before, I think.

And I had a new hub, only indexed for 2 days, suddenly take off with organic traffic - in just 2 days organic has passed HP traffic by a good margin in the "total" column.  I almost didn't publish it as Keyword Tool showed only 170 monthly global visits, but I've already had 38 organic visits only 2 1/2 days after indexing and it's climbing rapidly.  Maybe I'm finally learning to do something right(I can hope, at least!big_smile )

It's a good day!

Thanks to all who have given advice and help - it's been invaluable!

1. wildorangeflower profile image62
      wildorangeflowerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

good job wilderness!

2. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

Congratulations wilderness! May the Hubpages force be with you!

wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks - it definitely was yesterday.  Excuse me, gotta write another hub...

3. Uzdawi profile image35
    Uzdawiposted 6 years ago

Congratiulations wilderness!Hopefully many more sales will follow:)

Thanks.  Sometimes a little encouragement goes a long ways.  Twenty cents to write more hubs??  But it works - I'm encouraged!

4. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

What you have to think about, and learn in your heart, is that it is possible to make quite a bit of money online. It starts with earning just a little, then as you earn larger amount,s a larger sense of confidence and purpose emerges and you're truly on your way.

My online biz began with a sale of a dahlia and a $2.30 commission. I thought it was the most wonderful thing that I had put up a webpage, somebody bought something, and I was going to get paid - without ever handling that dahlia. There were no forums for me to check in with, I waited two months, to see if I was going to really get paid. And when the first check arrived for $47, I was truly giddy and knew that I didn't want to do anything else.

That's a neat story, Nellie - thanks for sharing. 

Yes, that's kind of where I sit.  No income to speak of yet, but the little things that indicate it's possible and coming keep happening.  Like the Amazon sale, or going from $.02 the first month to 150 times that the second.

By themselves they mean nothing - just chance and coincidence, but they keep happening and it gives me, at least confidence that it will succeed in time.

Maybe I better start selling Dahlias! big_smile  Thanks again, Nellie.

5. Wendy Krick profile image52
    Wendy Krickposted 6 years ago