jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Should I make a new account if I already had?

1. iamsuper profile image61
    iamsuperposted 6 years ago

Hi ladies and gentlemen...
    please help this newbie, when i came to affiliate settings, and i wanted to sign up for amazon affiliate i was asked for filling the the affiliate code.
    My question is, if I already had amazon affiliate code, whether I need make a new account and fill "w3.hubpages.com/profile/my_profile_name"? or add that url in my previous amazon account and then make a new tracking ID for hubpages and fill that tracking ID to the affiliate code column fill in hubpages?
    or how is the right one?

I would really appreciate and thankful for your brief explanation. Thank you

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

If you already have an Amazon affiliate account, then all you have to do is add your associates ID for your existing account into the Affiliates Settings under your HubPages control panel. See step 5 of these guidelines:

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/crea … e-account/

Once that is set up, you will insert and configure Amazon capsules into your hubs to create relevant ads. You get 60% of the page impressions, HubPages gets 40%.

1. iamsuper profile image61
      iamsuperposted 6 years ago in reply to this

@website examiner: thank you for your help, so i don't need  make new account at amazon,but simply add tracking ID on it then insert the tracking ID into affiliate setting in my hubpages panel, is that so?

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome. It is true that you only need one Amazon associates account. It is also correct that Amazon uses the word "Tracking ID" to describe the associates ID. Amazon issues a tracking ID to any new account, so there is no need to "add" one - simply use the one they gave you by inserting it into the affiliate settings on your HubPages panel.