jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Hub flagged as overly promotional, but no outbound links?

1. wychic profile image79
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I'm a bit confused about a flag on one of my book reviews...it was flagged as overly promotional today and unpublished, yet neither of the reasons posted for an overly promotional flag apply. There are no outbound links, just my eBay and Amazon capsules and then two links to hubs (one mine, one not) and it's not on a particular site, but a review on a book from a reasonably well-known science fiction author. The hub has also been published for a couple of days before it got flagged. I have many other book reviews, movie reviews, and product reviews with the same type of linking (i.e. all to related hubs...some of them with more links to my own than this one). Has anyone else had this issue, or are there any known bugs with the flags?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

If the Hub was flagged as being overly-promotional a few days after it was published, that's a sign that it was marked as such by admin. 

You should email them for more info on the situation,

3. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

Did you happen to use a lot of bold type?  I've had that happen 2 or 3 times.  As you said, no real case for overly promotional.  The first one, I removed most of the bold type on a hunch, and the warning disappeared.  Subsequent ones I didn't bother.  The warnings have been there for months, but I didn't worry because they were informational, not promotional.

4. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Yeah, contacting the team is your best bet. smile