jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

May I ask for constructive critcism of my hub?

1. 61
    Deborah Armstrongposted 8 years ago

I just posted my first hub and would love to have input on it.  Am I allowed to ask people to view it?

Deborah Armstrong

2. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Good first start - nice content: remember this is an international site so identifying where in the word the garden is might help. 
    I bet you used only 1 text capsule: use a numbe break up the text so that the ads show in better locations and then you can add relevant photos or vids - you really need photos for gardening Id have thought
    And update your profile with a little about yourself- hubpages is a community so its nice to see who someone "is" - you can add self-serving links there too!

1. 61
      Deborah Armstrongposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the input.  I have no computer savvy whatsoever.  I would love to include pix, but don't know how to insert from internet.  I would love to insert a lush garden vs., say a really crappy looking yard. If you can provide any insight, it would be greatly appreciate.  Thanks.

1. Inspirepub profile image87
        Inspirepubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Just click "edit" on the photo capsule, and follow the instructions. If you have the photos on your computer already, the default setting will be OK. If you want to load in a photo from Flickr or somewhere else on the web, you need to move the dot to where it says "from the Web".

3. Violette DeSantis profile image61
    Violette DeSantisposted 8 years ago

Hi Deb, I left a link to some great photo sites at WAHM for you.

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Deb, if you use this link:

It takes you to a site that enables you to search Flickr for photos that you can legally use (it's called a Creative Commons licence but the site looks after that for you, so don't worry about it!).

Just type the subject you want in the Search box at the top and click Search

It will give you thumbnails of available photos.  Click on one that interest you. It will come up in a larger size on the right, so you can see it better.   If you like it, you can click on the link at the bottom which says "download this photo" and save it to your computer.

Remember that you must give the photographer credit, though.  I usually thank them at the bottom of the Hub and add a link to their Flickr page.

1. Dorsi profile image89
      Dorsiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Nice link Marisa- they have beautiful photos over there!

5. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

You might find this hub useful for basic layout tips too http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Create-a … ive-Design

6. Dorsi profile image89
    Dorsiposted 8 years ago

I loved your hub Deborah- I'm a fellow gardener too and I can so relate! I'm a fan!
    Some tips-
    you might want to try putting each part of the "fantasy" text in italic- that way it will break it up and clearly show the differences between the "fantasy" and the "reality" parts.
    And yes we need pictures!! Maybe some idealic pics of a garden and even a picture of a gardener with dirt all over- that's realistic!
    You are off to a great start.
    Welcome to HubPages.