jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Why not improve hub hopping ?

1. Rimzim profile image59
    Rimzimposted 6 years ago

I also start question on this topic on http://hubpages.com/question/64003/are- … f-not-why-

I think in today condition hub hoping is a boring thing. If this is related to my fav. topic then hub hoping is more interesting & popular in hubpages & everyone like hub hoping.

Becasue if you expert in any area then you enjoy read more in that area or you can give easily feedback on any hub which related to that topic.

But currently hup hoping is without any topic selection.

This is only my thought ( I am not expert but wants hubpages more attractive & interesting other than money ).

Please give your comments

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I think hub hopping is fine as it is. It really allows the more experienced hubbers to weed out and flag on some of the low quality or spam hubs as well as notice new potential writers.

Being able to select an area would mean that some topics that no one has an interest in might not be noticed and both spam and new talent in boring topics might not be seen.

Hub hopping also lets you know what topics are currently popular and sometimes gives you ideas for hubs of your own.

1. Diane Inside profile image87
      Diane Insideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

good point wrylilt, I have gotten ideas this way before, it also lets people see your hubs who otherwise would have never thought about searching for that type of hub, as you have pointed out.  It's fine like it is if a person wants a specific hub topic there is already a search for that.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Why not just go to the topic sections you like and read through the latest Hubs?

4. CASE1WORKER profile image84
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

i like it as it is as i spend just a few minutes each day hopping and sometimes i find some gems like i did this morning that have left with profound thoughts

1. viking305 profile image90
      viking305posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes I agree.  I was hub hopping this morning and came across a very good poem.  Now I would normally not go looking for poems on HubPages but this was very good and made me think about something in my own life.  I am glad I came across it and read it.

So I believe it is like a lucky dip where you can come across some terrible hubs which you have the option of marking down or flagging and then as CASE1WORKER says you can find some little gems too.