jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

Adsense CPM increasing?

1. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I'm finding Adsense earnings at my main site rising back to levels I haven't seen in recent years.   Where I have often been well under $700 for Adsense, I hit $947 in July with no significant increase in visitors or click-throughs.  It is the CPM that has gone back up, a lot.

Anyone else noticing that or is it just coincidental and specific  to a niche?   It could be a sign of the switch away from print, it could be a sign that advertisers are getting desperate for business, or.. ?

I should add that Chitika is doing less - not enough less to really diminish the Adsense increase, but noticeably less.  I have no clue what THAT might mean.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations! My earnings decreased this month, but my clicks increased, must be the CPM? Let us see for the next months, usually when it is fall or winter time, earnings increased as summer is gone.

2. Evan Hutchinson profile image81
      Evan Hutchinsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mine nearly doubled in June and May. But I had just chalked it up to better and more lucrative ads appearing. My main site tanked for most of July but my Hubpages money jumped enough to almost completely make up for it.

2. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I also seem to see a small increase in affiliate earnings there (though that is a very tight niche for me) and book sales are just holding steady.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

that's interesting about book sale,
    on the other hand kindle is widely gaining popularity

Must be your niche topic or there is really an increase of CPM as advertisers are willing to spend more now?

4. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I don't have any hard evidence, but it feels like someone turned the money spigot on again. For a few years, it seemed like everyday was swimming upstream agains a tide of molasses. Now things and programs just feel more open.

I'm almost feeling hopeful again.

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We certainly do not want to feel hopeful.  The gods do these things to tease us and then they yank it all away..

Seriously, it is not necessarily a good sign for the economy as a whole.  It can mean that advertisers are desperate for sales and are outbidding each other.   That is good for us as Adsense publishers, but may not be hopeful for our other endeavors.

But I would love to think that it does mean things might be turning around.  We all sure could use some good economic news.

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Mine are still down a lot from five years ago, just means more profit when things finally pick back up I guess!

6. Fiction Teller profile image60
    Fiction Tellerposted 6 years ago

Yes, it's gone up somewhat since March, and traffic has even more.  Amazon and eBay sales are better too, which I attribute directly to traffic levels, but which might also be due to the search engines' targeting of the traffic.

It feels partly seasonal, but also related to algorithmic stuff -  Caffeine & Mayday, I guess.  I keep waiting for the axe to fall, but right now, Google's showing lots of love, and from all the threads here about "best AdSense day ever" and so on, it sure looks like other hubbers are feeling the love, too.

The economy's doing fine - the new economy, that is.  It's just the old economy built in the early 1900s that's crashing down like a brick.  Things'll get awfully messy, but in another decade or two, it'll be grand. neutral

7. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I haven't noticed a difference personally (just checked adsense for last few months.)

Basically my clicks trebled for July and so did my earnings...

8. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

No discernible difference for me

9. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

So we have a mixed bag.

My site enjoying the boost (more accurately, a return to better days) is mostly tech oriented - Unix, Linux and Mac OS X operating systens, programming, that sort of thing.  Maybe tech advertisers are spending more?

I suppose I could go do some research at Adwords but I would not have a basis of comparison for many things.

10. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

My main topics are babies, computer games and home goods I believe...