jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What are the things in your that you have sacrificed for hubpages?

1. nanospeck profile image73
    nanospeckposted 6 years ago

For the fun of writing and earning we've had to miss many things in our daily lyf.You can tell what you missed because you were engaged with your hubs...

I had to
    1. Stop spending time watching movies
    2. Missed some b'days of friends
    3. Reduced 'facebooking' and 'orkuting'a lot and had to move to social-bookmarking (shetoldme, digg)
    The list goes on.. contributions, welcome!

2. Shadesbreath profile image88
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

I haven't sacrificed anything.  I gained a place to put up stuff that I knew I wasn't going to send to publishers, a place to vent sarcastically and actually get the rants read and even enjoyed--in the process meeting interesting people whom I enjoy, and I get beer money every few months for doing it.  No sacrifice here.

3. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 6 years ago

Well, when (when) I'm in the mood to write a Hub, I don't feel as though I'm sacrificing anything. Anything I do I do because I enjoy doing it!

4. Serendipity88 profile image60
    Serendipity88posted 6 years ago

Until a few weeks ago I did not know places such as HubPages existed. I have given up miniscule things but have found a place where I can express myself freely. Instead, I am learning about my passions and can learn from others. To me that is far more important than missing an episode of TV or an outing.  I am discovering different parts of HubPages and finding such an amazingly diverse group of people who all have one thing in common… freedom of expression.  That is truly what we get here. We gain far more than we lose… I know I have in just these past two weeks.

1. Shadesbreath profile image88
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, almost freedom of expression.  The corporate censors do step in sometimes and make sure that people know that freedom is relative to rules that govern the generation of revenue.  BUt for the most part, I agree with you.

1. Serendipity88 profile image60
        Serendipity88posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely. There will always be censorship and even though we are supposed to be protected by the First Amendment that is just a dream… We ALWAYS have the CHOICE to express ourselves freely but we must be willing to take the consequences that come with that. That is when you have to pick and choose your battles. A lesson I am still learning in life. Any website that offers free services has advertisers that allow the site to keep on running without charging fees- such as Hub Pages.  - Serendipity