jump to last post 1-24 of 24 discussions (31 posts)

OMG!! I made money!!!

1. Sara555 profile image86
    Sara555posted 6 years ago

After making $0.00 for a few weeks, I stopped checking my Google Adsense account for a while. But I just checked it today...and I earned $1.97!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited smile

2. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Good for you, Sara! It will snowball over time!

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Way to go, Sara!  Keep writing and you can expect to watch it grow through time.  It IS exciting, isn't it?

4. Studio E profile image60
    Studio Eposted 6 years ago

OMG!!! i made nothing sad

1. surf traveler profile image86
      surf travelerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Studio E, you've only written one hub.

1. Studio E profile image60
        Studio Eposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How many do you need? to make, let's say $1,000.

1. thisisoli profile image72
          thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That depends on the quality off the hubs, and the marketing efforts you put in to them.

5. lorlie6 profile image85
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

Big congrats, Sara555!  In just over a year you can be just like me and boast of $10.55 in earnings!  Just imagine! smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

...soon you can take the bus across your state!...maybe make it to Canada to say hi to me, if you check yourself into luggage!...we could listen to some of those 'trucker' tunes you like!

...I guess if you are trying to make money...any generation of money is good!..that's what it is about for some.

2. mfitz profile image60
      mfitzposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I was tending bar in 1989 and a VERY wealthy young man (private jet wealth) told me how he got so rich so young-his answer? "when you play with dollars, you make dollars, when you start to play with thousands, you'll make thousands, and whem you beging to play with millions, you will make millions"! I liked having a formula, but did nto even have a thusand saved-8 years later an opportunity appeared for me to make $1,000 a sale in home business-i still did not have the grand saved, but that did not stop me from getting one and becoming a millionaire two years later-that was also not my last million made-many more came helping others to do the same thing i did. The formula definitely works! If you want what rich people have, you MUST do what they do-simple actually. Prosperous regards, DMF

6. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Good for you! You're on your way.

7. Boomer60 profile image60
    Boomer60posted 6 years ago

Everything begins with one small step. Congrats on your first steps. I just checked my adsense from when I started and I was only making cents per month. They have increased a little.

8. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Congrats! Hopefully more to come. smile

9. liljen23 profile image73
    liljen23posted 6 years ago

Congrats Sara smile smile

10. Mutiny92 profile image87
    Mutiny92posted 6 years ago

That is awesome...It is also scary to know that you can do it - and that you have the skills and talent to continue doing it.  The income will come faster over the long run.

11. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

Surprise, surprise, surprise  smile  Good for you!

12. Cy V profile image59
    Cy Vposted 6 years ago

Awesome news!  Congratulations!

13. Gypsy48 profile image75
    Gypsy48posted 6 years ago

Congrats and good luck in making more money!

14. Sara555 profile image86
    Sara555posted 6 years ago

Thanks everyone!!! And I just got another click...so now I made $2.16  smile

1. viking305 profile image90
      viking305posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lol Way to go, keep up the good work!

15. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
    schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago

Um 1.97 isn't much but I understand your excitment that it will grow.
    I'm now on here 3 mo w/ over 65 hubs and 0..........but let me check again. Taht whole things confuses me

16. Sweetsusieg profile image83
    Sweetsusiegposted 6 years ago

Congrats on your earnings!!!  I'm hoping to hit that dollar mark before the year is out!  LOL, actually according to google adsense, I have made .48.  YAY for me!!!  We all have to start out somewhere!

17. sarahowen profile image60
    sarahowenposted 6 years ago

ive been here 4 weeks, wrote 30 hubs and atm made nothing lol.. i think ive done somehting wrong anyway to be honest... tongue x

1. Dobson profile image82
      Dobsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

sarah - it is not just simply writing hubs. If that was the model everyone would be independently wealthy and hub pages would be flooded with a lot of words about nothing.

You must have quality original content on things people want to read about. If you can capture their attention you can get the opportunity to get them to click on your article's ads. Then and only then will you begin to see the money collect.

18. WillGrander profile image83
    WillGranderposted 6 years ago

Well done! I'm still looking for my first click too smile But I've only been here for a couple of weeks, so I have time!

19. lender3212000 profile image84
    lender3212000posted 6 years ago

The great thing about it is those little "payoffs" can really start to motivate you to write new hubs. It has a way of drawing you in....

20. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

This is fantastic Sara!  It is what you make it.  I didn’t sign up for AdSense until about my 3rd month on HubPages.  I had about 50 hubs, and made about $10 that first month with AdSense.  Now I have almost 200 hubs, and missed $100 in AdSense for July by less than $1.

21. 0
    Medkh9posted 6 years ago

congratulations , give it some time then it will soon grow bigger

22. yenajeon profile image82
    yenajeonposted 6 years ago

Congratulations! I know what you mean lender, after I got my first 100 payout, I was hooked!

23. 0
    Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago

Congrats, Sara. I am just crossing $10 after 3 months of active AdSense. This engine is just starting to rev up!

24. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 6 years ago

Fellow Hubbers, your attention please.  I just received a check from Webloyalty.com in the amount of $0.30, for what, I have no idea. I dare not cash it, for they may recall the check and it will cost me $0.44 to send it back. I am not very good at higher math, but I have a feeling that I will end up loosing money.