jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

How does one close a thread which has been hijacked?

1. Pratonix profile image70
    Pratonixposted 6 years ago

I started a couple of threads in the forums, hoping to having enlightened conversation with like-minded people. But the threads have been hijacked.

Is there a way of closing these threads? Because I realize that one really cannot have enlightened conversation in the forums. There are too many 'time-wasters' around.

1. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're A FUNNY GUY... roll
      Very Troll-Like...

Why Not Just Open Yet Another Thread and Arrogantly Rubbish the members who have generally all been on this site before You! hmm

Perhaps you would find that seeking an 'Enlightened Conversation' is alot easier if you stand up and air your head; instead of remaining seated and airing your incontinent views! yikes hmm

If people have hyjacked your thread... it generally shows that little respect exists for the OP or the Subject.. Have you considered that point? hmm

Calling your peers 'time-wasters' pretty much sums it up... sad
      If you hold such contempt for others here... Why Are YOU Here? hmm

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think you are doing the right thing. This is the best place to complain about people not agreeing with your point of view. But I do have a suggestion - perhaps if you made it a little more whiney and pleading instead of the passive/aggressive Christian thing? No one likes that.   wink

Good bye.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Pratonix, if you want to have conversations with like-minded people, you'd be best to go in search of other forums (not on HubPages) designed especially for that purpose.  There are several where you have to apply for membership so the moderators can control who joins. Yahoo Groups springs to mind.

HubPages is an open forum. By creating a post you open up a debate, which means that people with views for AND against are encouraged to comment.  If you don't want to hear from people who disagree with you, HubPages is not a suitable place for your discussions.

2. Reality Bytes profile image94
    Reality Bytesposted 6 years ago

I do not think you can delete a thread once someone else has commented on it.  You could ask the staff to close the thread?

3. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

yet another to hijack. Well, we do have fun anyway, and red heads are the funnest. big_smile Are you tired of holding that camera yet Mark?

1. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cool... you brought the grog smile

I've fired the BBQ.. so I'll put the steaks and snags on.. and go off and toss a limp leaf or three into a salad Huh? hmm

Good... got the bowl.. Now.. Where is that OP? smile

Whose got the music? big_smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is stuck in place. sad

1. Peter Hoggan profile image85
        Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Great avatar, kind of makes you look like the offspring of Worf and 7 of 9. Just kidding cool

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

He-he lol

5. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

I'm tired from yesterdays party, but let's. Woot! the jug is still full btw. big_smile

6. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

I chased that limp leaf.... but the hot-air wind got the better... ok potato salad it is. lol

Cheers  [clink] mate!

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

*sniff-sniff* doesn't smell like 'potato salad' lol

7. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Aww..children are out playing. big_smile now now gents, calm down, don't want get too excited tongue lol

1. Cagsil profile image84
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

tongue smile wink