jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Problem with Amazon?

1. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Hub Staff,

I know this isn't the most effective method for getting in touch, however, I've already sent an email about this problem before.

On some hubs Amazon capsules are saying "No products available", but when you go into edit mode to make changes, the products are available and showing.

Then, when existing out of edit mode, the products are NOT showing up. This problem is only on some but not others.

Plus, on some hubs ads are not showing up either....and the hubs are within guidelines...yet some are showing ads and some are not.

The ad problem seems like it is only relative to the top of the hub and not anywhere else.

Please check into this.

Thank you in advance.

2. Chris Telden profile image87
    Chris Teldenposted 6 years ago

Yes, this is happening to several hubs.  One of them is:

The last three Amazon modules aren't displaying in the published version, but they're displaying in edit.

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Exactly! hmm

4. Chris Telden profile image87

Wow, this is happening on a lot of hubs.  I'm still fixing them.  Simply replacing the capsules with exactly the same items makes them display correctly.  That really sounds like the problem's on HubPages' end.

5. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

That's what I figured. It was a problem on HubPages' end. However, I guess I'll have to go over all my hubs and correct the problems that I find on them. smile

Thank you. smile

6. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

They're working on it, as mentioned in the thread linked above.

Personally, I don't have time to go through all of mine, so I'm just hoping that when HP fixes the issue, it fixes all problems to include existing hubs.

7. Chris Telden profile image87

I just heard from HubPages.  They said that they have rigged a fix for the problem - not necessarily the specific one about displaying-okay-on-edit-yet-incorrectly-on-publish, but the general problem of empty Amazon capsules due to issues with the Amazon API.

Is it still there on your hubs?  If it is, maybe it's worth it to contact them again. They said that when it happens, which it will periodically, it should only be for "an hour or so" unless the API gives them more errors.  I believe they want to know when the issue recurs so they can figure out if the problem is solved by their fix.

8. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Thank you Chris. I'll have to check my hubs and send them an email. smile

9. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I've previously emailed about it as well but just wanted to say:

I have maybe 50 amazon capsules scattered throughout my hubs and I reckon at least half aren't showing adverts right now.

sad I'm hoping they'll be back and working soon.