jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Titles/Headings Vanishing In Edit Mode W/ "Save" or "Discard Changes"

1. Chris Telden profile image85
    Chris Teldenposted 6 years ago

For a couple of weeks I've noticed that when I edit an Amazon module (and I don't remember if it's happening with other modules or not), the current title or heading I have in there just disappears forever.  I often don't notice it until later.  But even if I choose to "discard changes," it still wipes out the title.  It's happening more and more.

Note:  I'm not editing the title, just the content of the module.  But the title still evaporates upon saving or discarding changes.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

I have no idea…

Clicking the reorder button sometimes sorts things out.

Try that, re-enter the title, and call it a day?

3. Chris Telden profile image85

Hi paradigmsearch,

You mean you've experienced this, and reordering the capsules will place the header back?

I've been fixing it when I catch it; the problem is, the headers are keyworded.  To find 'em again, it's back to a copy on my drive or a cache copy. 

And the other problem is, half the time I don't pay attention to the header when I save a capsule and only realize it's gone days later.

4. paradigmsearch profile image90

Clicking the reorder button untangles and cleans up everything that the editor is trying to keep track of.

I don’t believe it will put the headers back, but it might stop whatever it is that’s deleting them in the first place.

Edit: if that doesn’t work and other folks don’t start reporting the same problem, it might be computer tune-up time.

5. Chris Telden profile image85

It happens on two computers, one Windows, one Linux, in Firefox and in a GNOME browser.

6. paradigmsearch profile image90

I’m out of ideas. If some other poster doesn’t come up with something, I guess you’ll have to drop Amazon and/or HP a note.

7. paradigmsearch profile image90

I've just discovered that you are not alone re: amazon problems. Here is the forum link which will lead you to yet more forum links. Hope this helps.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/49895#post1140723

working