jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Is a hub an article, or can you have several article within a hub?

1. Carlprimetimelee profile image60
    Carlprimetimeleeposted 6 years ago

Newbie alert...

I'm sure I could spend time reading all there is to know about hubbing, but I work 12 a day at the day job so was looking for the fast track.

If so...(several articles within a hub, how does one go about it)

Thanks

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, each Hub is an article.  A typical Hub is between 400 and 1,500 words long, although you will see Hubs as long as 3,000.

You can go back and edit an existing Hub as much as you like but in general, you start a new Hub for each new article. 

Tip - you are allowed two hyperlinks to the same domain in each Hub, so you could include a live link to Gather in your Hub.  You can also include as many links as you like on your profile.

Carlprimetimeleeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Big help Marisa, thanks...!

2. brakel2 profile image86
      brakel2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

You use a text capsule for each separate article. Most of my hubs have several articles. Each article needs a title. Welcome!!!

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Brakel, you've got me worried.   You do NOT write separate articles in your text capsules!

A Hub is one article.  You use the text capsules to split up the article so you can insert things like photographs and advertisements in a nicer layout.   Using text capsules also enables you to add headings within your article.

2. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

A Hub is similar to an article.  If you have a really long hub, it's a good idea to break it down to several hubs and then you would have a series.

Means for every post on hub, I create a hub for it.

Thanks! :-)

3. Lily Rose profile image84
    Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

Marisa explained it very well and all I thought I'd add is to not think of Hubpages as your personal blog.  Hubs are not blog posts, they are definitely more like articles than anything else.

If you're in it for the money, then quantity, in addition to good content, is key.  So if you have a lot of information to write on a single topic, break it up into more than one hub, but be mindfull not to make your hubs too short.

By the way, welcome to HP ... it's a great community here chock full of knowledgeable hubbers willing to help!  Best of luck...

Thanks Lily, not for blogging makes sense, so this is also a big help.

working