jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image69
    PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago

Okay, first off, I am educated in many things, however, computers is not one of them. I have read probaly every link to another link to another trying to figure out how to get more traffic and backlink.HEY- I have a great idea for one of you to do to make $, starting with me as your first click! Learn to traffic Hubpages: In Easy, non-technical terms and may be pictures. smile

I feel so stupid hubbers as I still can not figure out how to traffic or how to backilink. I keep trying different things and think I'm gonna end up violating something somewhere because of my lack of knowledge. Anyone for live interaction to teach?? Just a suggestion but please help me to learn....

1. Lisa HW profile image84
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Paula, if you search the site for something like "increase traffic"  (or backlinking or backlink, etc.)you'll find tons and tons of information written to share that kind of information.   smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't feel stupid, many of us started in the same place as you!  I guess I was lucky in a way, because when I joined HubPages, there wasn't as much talk about increasing traffic and backlinking.  The experts did that - the rest of us just accepted that it takes a few months for traffic to start flowing.

My advice would be - stop stressing!  The great thing about HubPages is that Hubs do get traffic all on their own, you just need to have patience.  You will get traffic faster if you do some promotion, but it's not essential.  Look at Relache,who pays her rent with her Hubs - she doesn't do much promotion.

So, concentrate on writing good Hubs, but set aside time each day to study up about how to promote.  It's a big learning curve - don't try to rush it because you'll only get confused.  There are good Hubs by Sunforged, Susana S and lots more.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

You've only been here two weeks. You really need to sit back, relax, be patient and learn from your results. Money isn't made here overnight. It takes time for hubs to work their way into the search engines and start bringing in traffic. Lisa HW gave you some good advice. You need to know a little about selecting keywords and a lot about building backlinks. Go look up hubs by Darkside, Sunforged, RyanKett, Mark Knowles, Relache and learn from them.

3. PaulaHenry1 profile image69
    PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago

Thanks guys, I know you get sick and tired of people asking about traffic, but I am very naive when it comes to computers. I love to write, the money isn't really what I'm worried about, I just want people to read my thoughts....thanks again

1. Arthur Fontes profile image89
      Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to hubpages.  I think you will find there are many people who will be happy to help you as I am sure you will help others in the future.

Good Luck

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Paula, if all you want is for others to read your thoughts, you can achieve that easily within the HubPages community.

Participate in the forums.  Sign up to follow Hubbers you like, go and read their Hubs and comment on them.  As people get to know you, they'll read your Hubs and leave comments in return.

4. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

From me too, welcome to Hubpages Paula.
    Earning money here doesn't happen overnight, and very few hubbers have been lucky enough to hit gold in terms of traffic/clicks with their first hubs.
    Keep writing, and keep reading the forums and other hubbers hubs, eventually the whole SEO stuff will hit home, else you will get lucky and hit on a popular topic.
    I'm still learning and its been a steep earning curve, but I do think that one day I will earn a fair bit from my hubs, as you will too from yours smile