jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

Fiction writers on HubPages?

1. ohmygoodnessrae profile image60
    ohmygoodnessraeposted 6 years ago

I've noticed that Fiction seems to be very rare on HubPages. Or is it just me?

1. snagerries profile image74
      snagerriesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yaa I have seen very few people writing on Fiction. Even I have wrote 1-2 hubs on fiction and found great response from people..

1. FantasyMike profile image59
        FantasyMikeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My hub page displays a review I recieved from Pacific Book Review.  I have written 21 short fiction stories to date since 2007.  I am hoping to write several more and compile them in another book 'Six More Great Short Stories."  So far sales have been more than what I expected, but time will tell.  I enjoy my writing, hence, it takes me out of this world that I dwell in and puts me out there in another that I can create, however way I deem necessarry.  I hope you can read some of them that are waiting for you.
        Sincerely,
        Robert M de la Torre

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Have a look in the "topics" section above and then go into the creative writing section.

There are some prominent creative writers here, some even do long fiction serials.

However it's almost impossible to earn money through writing fiction or creatively here and many publishers will not publish something that's already been published online.

Many of us have just decided to write what we love - but with a money grabbing slant! smile

ohmygoodnessraeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ah ok thanks. smile
      Yeah I'm not really here to make money, and the stuff I'd like to publish is stuff I wouldn't post.
      I'll take a look through the topics smile

3. Kyriana profile image79
    Kyrianaposted 6 years ago

In the Learning Center fiction is one of the things that's listed as not doing well as far as earnings. That's probably why.

4. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

There are lots of them, many of them good ones too. I review and critique fiction writers here on HubPages. I have written hubs on that, and will soon be posting another about serial fiction writers.

http://hubpages.com/search/include:hubbers+fiction

http://hubpages.com/search/include:hubb … al+fiction

ohmygoodnessraeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you.
      I'll check it out. smile

Same here..

5. thisisoli profile image61
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

There was another thread about this recently, While Hubpages is more commercially orientated, hubpages is still a great environment to air fiction writing, it just doesn't really earn you much!

6. Cheeky Girl profile image85
    Cheeky Girlposted 6 years ago

This is an interesting point. Compared to poetry which is really well covered on Hub Pages, fiction gets a poor showing. Maybe the previous comments say it all. Publishers will not go near online works, perhaps due to copyright issues or whatever, or questions over originality.

I would imagine that literary agents do scour certain websites and article collections to see if the "next big thing" is lurking around there somewhere.

I wish anyone writing fiction all the best of luck doing it.

1. thisisoli profile image61
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's not really a case of publishers not advertising on fiction work, it's just that fiction work is not really that effective at getting to the top of Google for traffic friendly keywords.

7. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

i wrote a 7 part series based on an interview with a cartoon character...

3 of the 7 parts were pure fiction.. I can't verify if the other 4 happened or not, as I was intoxicated at the time or writing them

As i suspected, all 7 parts have earned about 34 cents combined.

Looking forward to read your 7 part series.

8. pjk_artist profile image80
    pjk_artistposted 6 years ago

I started writing explosive fictional hubs just to get the hits. I like the reader to have to read through some pretty outrageous stuff before they start to wonder to themselves....is this fiction?

9. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

Most of what I do is fiction!  lol  Seriously, I love fictionalizing stories from my home town.  I take events that really happen, change the characters names, embellish a little and poof, a great little story pops out.

working