jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Is it true?

1. 0
    Charlinexposted 6 years ago

Even though I have continued to publish new hubs, my hub score seems to have gone down a bit.

Is it because I have posted less frequently in the forums?

Thanks for the enlightment!

1. wvierra profile image60
      wvierraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you know I don't think posting here has a huge affect on your scoring, I have hovered around 93 and 95 score and this would be my first ever post in a forum.

So no I think that the bulk of the score is directly related to your quality of hubs you produce, this is not to say it doesn't have at least a small affect because I am sure it accounts for a bit of it.

W. Vierra

1. 0
        Charlinexposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's comforting to hear.

My score rose quickly to 95 within two weeks after I joined. However after I published two more unique Hubs in the last three days, it dropped to 93.

I wonder if the reason was because I was busy  at writing hubs and didn't have the time to look around at the forums or other people's hubs.

1. WryLilt profile image86
          WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I believe a part of your profilescore is influenced by your hubscores. So a new hub is generally in the 50s so that might bring it down a bit for a day or two.

1. 0

Thanks for the insight. I didn't know that. smile

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I posted in another forum...a few hubs to read to know more.

3. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

First of all - well done at getting into the 90s profile score in just a few weeks. It takes most people a lot longer.

Second of all - hub/profile score doesn't actually do a whole lot other than indicate the quality/traffic coming to the hub. In fact I have hubs with reasonably low scores that bring me more traffic than hubs with higher scores.

The only reason you'd worry about your scores is if a hub fell below 40 or your profile score was below 75. Both of these would turn any outbound links into nofollow meaning they have little or no worth to search engines. Other than that the scores have absolutely no effect. smile

1. 0

Thank you, WryLilt, for your kind words.

I have published two more longer hubs in the last three days and thought it would improve my score.  Needless to say  I am surprised.

The good news is I have seen some earnings from both Adsense and Kontera. Also Google Analytic has reported traffic from many parts of the world.

1. pisean282311 profile image58
        pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

well i must say you have high standard for you scores..i appreciate that..

1. 0

Thank you. I wonder if I can ever match you in productivity!

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Publishing new Hubs is more likely to bring your score down than make it go up, since they have such a low Hubscore when they're first published.

Having a high Hubber score or a high Hubscore will attract visits from other Hubbers, but they won't attract more external visitors (who are the ones who click on ads!). 

So if you're here to make money from your Hubs or to promote your other sites, your scores aren't relevant at all.  In fact, chasing a high Hubberscore can be counter-productive, because it means you'll waste time on the forums and commenting on other Hubs when you should be working on your Hubs or on promotion.

Mind you, it's all too easy to waste time on the forums even when you're not chasing a high score...I should know!

You're doing well to be seeing earnings already, well done!