jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Question on Too Much tags

1. nicregi profile image65
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

I have just posted an article and it auto pop up telling me too much tags used.

Will it affect me by anyway or it is just a normal warning only?

1. Dobson profile image81
      Dobsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

From what I understand Google will use the tags to determine your ads. Try to reduce your tags to the ideas most closely related to your topic. Too many tags will be penalized1

nicregiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Great! Thank you for your information smile

Very much appreciated!

2. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You will be penalized up to hub being unpublished for too many tags. Just reduce their number until the warning goes away.

2. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

how many is too many? I have hubs with alot of tags but I havnt been flagged...

1. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good to see you on your feet again Kristy lol

You haven't been flagged because blondes can get away with everything yikes

3. ddsurfsca profile image77
    ddsurfscaposted 6 years ago

I just looked at the tags u put on your hub about "top 5 site to post your article online"  and found these tags plus a few more---- how to -  business advice -  internet- online marketing -   hubpages  -  google  -  seo -adsense  -  website -   google adsense  -  cash  -  earn money   - ppc   - pay per click   - article writing  -  links  -  squidoo -   revenue programs- increase traffic sites    - better guides  -   backlink   -  triond  -  redgage linking .....

most of these tags pertain in some way, but a lot of these tags are not something someone is going to place in their search to find your article.  In fact, the only way they will find your article is to have tags that have the title or at least a portion of the title in them.  Perhaps better tags would be "top 5 sites" - "post your article" - "sites to post your article online"
    If you are after results, fewer tags that more directly  describe your work.  quit a few of your tags will not work when using them to get to your article.

nicregiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you ddsursca for reading my article to reply on it! I will work on that later in few hours time smile

By the way guys, may I know roughly how many tags for an article is best? I seen many great articles with less than 10 tags. Are they there for a reason or just coincident?

How many tags do you actually think is better?

If my memory did not lie on me, i have roughly 20 tags on one of my article when i got the warning sign.