jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

ebay and amazon capsules for comarison in same hub

1. Appletreedeals profile image81
    Appletreedealsposted 6 years ago

what are your thoughts about using both ebay and amazon capsules in a sales hub for price comparisons?

or should a hub focus on one or the other, not both?

for example:
    a descriptive text capsule followed by side-by-side ebay/amazon capsules for same product

thanks
    GA

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Have a look at some of Nelle Hoxie's hubs. I believe she uses both in hers. She's the resident sales Guru!

Appletreedealsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Wrylilt - I have - just looking for some other opinions

GA

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I think I would prefer either one, trusting you to point me in the right direction. Once comparison begins, a customer might be tempted to leave your site and start searching around the Internet.

Thanks, that is similar to my thinking. I wonder if comparison might dilute the "best deal" impression given by promoting one source.

GA

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
        Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I use them both.  If a person can compare on the hub, I think he or she is less likely to go elsewhere to compare.  Plus, some people just prefer buying on EBay to Amazon, or vice versa.

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The only difference between you and I is that you know what you are talking about. Comparison shopping was never my style, I prefer a single trusted source.

4. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I think you would be fine with both. Hubs are a single page of text with some ads slapped on them, and I really don't think any shopper out there looks at them as a trusted source. They do, however, trust eBay and Amazon.

What you need to do is test your theory. Do three hubs--one all Amazon, one all eBay and one a combination. After a couple of months, take a look at your conversion rates and see what works best for you.

best idea yet, thanks

GA

5. thisisoli profile image57
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I use both side by side.  If you show a comparison, and with it a good deal, I think people are much more likely to buy, rather than look for a better deal elsewhere.

working