jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Funny Adwords Story

1. Kyriana profile image80
    Kyrianaposted 6 years ago

ok, it's funny to me (odd personality?)

I was trying to work out a title for the hub I was writing so I looked up Adwords for
    panhandle (not a Florida hub)
    panhandler
    panhandling

I was trying to get an idea for tenses and plurals (surprised about the difference in search just by adding an 's'.) Keeping in mind that I don't really know how to use Adwords...I used the keyword tool and sorted by 'Global Monthly Searches' #5 on the keyword ideas list is ..(I need a drum roll to wake the reader here) homless
    homless had 74,000 Global Monthly Searches... hmmm...
    even funnier (or sadder) is the Competition Meter is over half full for homless...

I'm glad to know that poor spellers and bad typists are well represented in Adwords. It gives me hope for more traffic in the near future big_smile

2. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 6 years ago

When I add tags, I always wonder if it's a good idea to put in the wrong spelling as well as the right, or would that be regarded as mis-use?

1. Kyriana profile image80
      Kyrianaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

if Google is your search engine and you search 'homless' this is what comes up
      'Showing results for homeless. Search instead for homless'

So it redirects to the correct spelling on words like that. I think spelling it right would be the way to go since Google corrects spelling errors on search.

i tried Clinten instead of Clinton and it asked if I meant Clinton before it displays results of Clinten.

1. camlo profile image84
        camloposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Of course, you're right. I've seen that when I've mis-spelled(?) myself.
        In that respect, it really is better to use the correct spelling.

working