jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

How much is too much on Amazon?

1. jenblacksheep profile image85
    jenblacksheepposted 6 years ago

I'm planning my next series of hubs and I was looking at jewellery for Amazon capsules and you can basically get anything up to like $10,000 and probably more.

I was just wondering if there is any point trying to sell something like a $10,000 piece of jewellery on a hub, or even $1000. I mean, if you were going to spend that much on jewellery wouldn't you go into a store to buy it?

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

If memory serves me correctly, a hubber sold a piece of jewelry last holiday season in the $1,500 to $2,000 range through Amazon.

I don't think anyone would spend $10k on an online jewelry purchase, but you will probably get the curious looky-loos that may be shopping for something less expensive. After you dazzle them with the $10k piece, maybe you could push some pieces that look similar in different price ranges.

3. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

Jen, just throw one in for fun smile  Never know smile

4. jenblacksheep profile image85

Maybe I'll just put one in at $10k and have a range decreasing; Have a couple around $1000 and then more around $200-500.

I didn't think of people that might be clicking through to buy something cheaper, that's a good point.

I'm getting so distracted looking at beautiful jewellery ... these hubs are gonig to take a while.

5. saleheensblog profile image59
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

ok,if it was me i would set up an ascending order from lest to highest to make it look very reasonable for all types of buyers

6. jenblacksheep profile image85

Seriously, who would buy a $900,000 diamond off the internet?

1. waynet profile image47
      waynetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Famous celebrity types would or those who have money, the trick is to try and target your product hubs towards them somehow....

7. GarfieldGates profile image84
    GarfieldGatesposted 6 years ago

The other thing you may want to take into consideration is Amazon's referral fee structre.  If you are using Performance you may be subject to caps on how much you can earn from a single purchase - I know that it is that way for certain expensive tech items.

You will have to look at the TOS to see if it affects jewelry too or not.  I would check for you, but I'm too lazy.

1. jenblacksheep profile image85
      jenblacksheepposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I never sell enough on amazon to get past the 4% commission anyway. I'll check it out though. I don't really know anything about the Amazon TOS coz I hardly ever sell anything on there

8. BaseBallHubber profile image60
    BaseBallHubberposted 6 years ago

I believe someone told me to keep all Amazon products in the range of 5-250$

9. brettb profile image71
    brettbposted 6 years ago

I know someone who made a lot of money from jewellery, but they used a different affiliate scheme.

The Amazon cookie is no good in this niche, but there must be dozens of companies in other more generous affiliate schemes.

10. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Someone bought diamond ring off one of my hubs last month that cost them about a couple of thousand dollars, so big sales are possible.  There are some good prices and mark downs for jewelry on Amazon, and buyers can make some good savings.

Like everything - if you don't try it out, you will never know!