jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I got a funny story for everyone and a question too.

1. Rick Radcliff profile image59
    Rick Radcliffposted 6 years ago

This is in relation to a different site I write at: Break Studios. They don't have forums, and I'm sure they wouldn't be as good if they did anyway.

So, I write this article. I'm on roughly my third draft because I can get carried away with editing. Needless to say, it's looking perfect. It has strong language, no passive voice at all, and it even has a touch of humor because I like to entertain.  I submit it, and I immediately realize that I just managed to write and submit an entire article under the wrong title. There is no way to just take it back. I have to wait until one of their editors opens it up, says, "You jack wagon," and rejects it back my way. Now, I'm feeling like garden shears rival my intelligence, and I ended up shamefacedly writing their editors an apology for wasting their time.

Interestingly enough, the catharsis of this post is already kicking in, so I'm pretty good now. However, in times like these, I try not to feel alone in my stupidity. Anybody else pulled an exceptionally stupid move like this?

2. ddsurfsca profile image77
    ddsurfscaposted 6 years ago

After you get far enough along writing a story here, have you ever tried to change the title even a little bit?  I decided to rename a hub after writing about half of it, for I felt that because of the keywords it would not be easy to link or find in the directory, and by the time I was done "fixing it up" I had to delete it and begin again.  Then I found out it does not really delete right away but takes about 24 hours, so then there was two.  Yes, I have felt a little messy.

3. Teresa Schultz profile image80
    Teresa Schultzposted 6 years ago

Not being able to edit a title bugs me too. I was about to publish a hub once when noticed that I didn't have a space between two words in my title.  I couldn't change it, and didn't want to redo the whole hub, so just left it, since it wasn't too bad an error, but it still bugs me somewhat - had the error been worse I would have had to redo the hub just to get my title right.

4. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 6 years ago

It would probably be a good idea for Hubpages to create a 'temporary' page for your hub-in-progress until you are ready to publish it, rather than have to commit to a title (and a final url) at the outset.

Of course, the other option is to completely develop your article outside of Hubpages, in something like Word.  Then all you have to do, once it's 'perfect' is copy and paste into the hub capsules.  This is what I do.

It's also a good idea to leave your 'final edit' overnight, and review it with a clear head the next day.