jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

I can't verify my new email address

1. MayG profile image84
    MayGposted 6 years ago

Hi, I recently changed my email address on my profile (long story, but basically I was having trouble trying to sign up for Adsense).  Anyway, after I changed it, I went to check my inbox to click the link on the verification email that is supposed to be sent to verify my address, but 3 days later it hasn't come!  I've done everything - added editor@hubpages.com to my contacts list, but still nothing.  It is a pain, because I'm not allowed to start following anyone new until my email address is verified.  Has anyone any ideas?  Thanks.

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Email team@hubpages.com? They should be able to approve it manually or resend the email.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

The email for Adsense and HubPages does not have to be the same, so for HubPages you could try with a different email address.

1. MayG profile image84
      MayGposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Really?  Thanks Website Examiner, I thought it had to be the same.  I will go back to my original email address and see if that works.  And WryLilt, I did send an email a while ago to the address you said but I have to admit, I'm a little impatient!!  Thanks to both of you for your quick response.

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome.

WE is right. You don't need the same email address - I have a different paypal email address than my one for hubpages.

(Many hubbers have multiple accounts and each account must be linked to the same adsense account. However each hubpage account must also have a unique email address...)

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome. The confirmation email is sent immediately, so if you haven't already you may even try with the same address again first before you revert back to the old one.

working