jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Another Hub Dummy Question

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image69
    PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago

Are keywords the same as tags? You want you tags to be what the person searching on the search engine would put, right?

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Tags here are the links that appear to the right and lead to other posts with the same tags.

In another context, keywords can be put in the keyword meta tag in the document head, but Google flatly ignores those; they have no SEO value.

2. nicregi profile image66
      nicregiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes keywords = tags.

Therefore, longer tags always work better than shorter ones. Try make sure the tags are more detailed over broad ones. I learned the hard way!

Yes you are right at there. Putting keywords in the questions people might ask and you will get the pickup from there smile

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your keyword is the subject of your Hub.  You might have just one word, or a keyword phrase, and you may use a few different synonyms for it in your Hub, just to cover all the bases.

On HubPages, your tags are what appear in the box to the right of your Hub. They're used to create the "related Hubs" feature. For instance, say I have "ballet" as a tag - my Hub will appear next to other Hubs that also have "ballet" as a tag. 

So you should add all your keywords as tags, and any other words that are important and relevant to the subject of your Hub.

4. jagged81 profile image82
      jagged81posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Tags should be the keywords used within your article.  For example the keyword "Management" contains many possible keyword combinations like "network management software, desktop management, waste management, management jobs, property management"  I pulled these right from Keyword Elite.  Obviously a little more research is needed by digging deeper into the specific type of 'management' keyword.  Mention the keyword 3%-4% of the time like a 300 word article would require the keyword to be mentioned 9 to 16 times.  If the keyword is searched for and has low competition, then you have a chance to rank on the first page of Google. Be careful not to mention the keyword more than 4%, as this is called "keyword stuffing" and can get you dinged by Google and kicked to the bottom.   I have published 21 hubs.  For 7 of these hubs I have used this method and I am on the first page of Google for those hubs.  Tags can be good for some traffic from search engines, but don;t forget to use relevant popular tags to get some of the traffic from hubpages.  If other hubs are ranked high in Google, then you might get piggy back traffic from their hub because sometimes your hub will be advertised on their hub.

2. ddsurfsca profile image76
    ddsurfscaposted 6 years ago

It took me several months to figure out this topic.  Tags are the keywords that might be used concerning finding your hub.  Also it is important to make sure that some of the tags are words or phrases, that appear in the title.  It makes the difference between not finding your hub and finding it on the first or second page of google directory.