jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

PR3... what is that?

1. Princessa profile image86
    Princessaposted 8 years ago

I have been asked if I have a PR3 or PR4 in which I could put a link as it would be better for 
    Google's ranking.

Can anyone "decode" this for me please?  I have no idea what it means...

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

You can learn all about page rank here:

You can find out the page rank of any page by installing the google toolbar or by using any of a number of online tools.  However, tool bar page rank isn't really that accurate anymore.  Google has purposely muddled the PR information in order to hinder those that would try and sell links.

To answer your question, your profile page on HubPages appears to be a PR4.  PR4 is better than PR3.

Princessaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the quick answer Paul smile

3. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Princesa if you are trying to get another of your sites to rank in Google you can use your own profile to link to it! legit as far as HP are concerned too.  Be wary if someone wants to BUY a link from u though.  Google hates PAID do-follow (the type your profile will have) links because it stuffs up their algorithm  -  when they find out they will knock your PR off - and its handy for link building

Princessaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hi Lissie, actually I know nothing about ranking.  I have not done anything so far -as I know- to rank my sites, I wouldn't know how! 
      About buying or selling a link... I didn't know about that neither sad  I had no idea that you could buy or sell links.  I was supposed to be doing a link exchange...  I hate technical stuff !!  I'd rather just  write what,interests me,  read what I enjoy  and sunbathe the rest of the time... la belle vie wink

ps.  At least now I know what is a PR ! thanks for your help:)