jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

new hub

1. 0
    Kateyesposted 6 years ago

im not sure it has enough info, could someone take a look and tell me what you think. http://hubpages.com/t/17b82a

1. chirls profile image92
      chirlsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Kateyes,

Welcome to HubPages! I think there is enough information, but your hub would be improved by working on the flow a little. Perhaps add some explanatory text in each section to separate them from one another. Using multiple text capsules and photos can also make a hub look much more attractive. Finally, you have some typos that need to be addressed, including in your title.

Hope this helps!

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

You do realize you don't have to use every suggestion that the link suggestion tool gives right? You should only be using any that you find relevant.

You could maybe cut down on the dot points and also add some other media such as a photo and video. Don't forget that there are more text capsules available!

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

I agree with WryLilt, you have far too many links out to other Hubs and sites.  There are two reasons why you shouldn't.

One, when a reader sees a link in the text, they assume you're giving them a link to something relevant and will go visit.  If they do this a few times and don't find anything useful, they're going to get really irritated.  So only link when the link adds real value!

Two, you have to consider the risk that the reader may find the other Hub or site more useful than yours, and will switch to it completely.  That's especially likely to be the case if you give them a link before they've had a chance to get interested in your Hub, i.e. in the first couple of paragraphs. 

Remember you only make money if a reader clicks on your ads. If they leave your Hub by clicking on another site, they're not leaving by clicking on an ad.   

I agree, always split your text up into several capsules, even if you don't have much else to add.  As you learn more on HP, you'll find yourself going back and tweaking your Hubs, and that's much easier if you've separated your text.