My top hub has ad disabled

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (29 posts)
  1. profile image0
    fergie27posted 13 years ago

I put up a hub and it was going fine till i noticed the ad diisabled icon i have tried rewrighting the ad unpublishling and publishing over and over but the icon wont go away even tho i keep recieving hits. Can anyone help me with this please

1. profile image0
      fergie27posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for all the replies it looks like i have to stop just throwing hubs up willy nilly im new to this and was showing wrong on how to do things aroung here i guess i just thought that i had it all perfected just keeping things short and sweet.Im truly sorry  if i have upset anyone and wish to offer my appoliges
      Back to the drawing board

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
        Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fergie, yes - if someone told you to keep it short and sweet, they gave you a bum steer.

HubPages is a place to write quality, informative articles.  A typical Hub is at least 400 words long and the most successful are 800 - 1,500 words long. Think of what you'd see in a high street magazine - successful Hubs are either like an article, or like a promotional feature. 

The text has to be unique, not copied from anywhere else on the net even if you wrote it.

2. nicregi profile image66
        nicregiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I dont think there is need of an apology. We all do mistakes in our lives.

Don't worry. Look up and try to improve yourself. No one is perfect smile

There is always...always room for imporvement

2. jasoncox83 profile image61
      jasoncox83posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please take what I am about to say as me being honest, I am not trying to be mean, or rude.
      Your English needs a lot of work "tho" on your profile page stuck out like a sore thumb.
      You had 23 hubs now you have 0...Either you unpublished them, or every one of them was flagged.
      I suggest you spend some time reading on how Online Content Writing, SEO, Promotion etc works before attempting another hub. Read through the FAQ, and Forums here...You will find a ton of useful information.
      Also follow some of the other successful hubbers like Relache, Misha etc.
      Hope this helps a bit, again not trying to be mean, just honest. (And no my grammar isn't perfect before someone points it out...That is what my grammar checker is for smile

2. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Contact the HP team directly:  http://hubpages.com/contact_us/

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I think there is a bigger problem......you've been here 32 hours and produced 23 hubs? hmm

1. profile image0

is there a limit to how many hubs i can produce ??

2. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Stealing content doesn't take that much time. smile

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol That's true, but I didn't check to see if any of the content was stolen from other places. I only check on quality. smile

2. profile image0

spent along time making these hubs nothing is stolen

4. Cagsil profile image70

No there isn't a limit to the number of hubs you can produce, but the object is to produce QUALITY HUBS not blog posts

I have flagged 8 hubs that are not quality, up to the standard of HubPages.

1. profile image0

8 of my hubs?
      Im new to this whole thing not sure how to really work the system all help is welcome

5. Cagsil profile image70

Here are some hubs worth reading to help you out.

Frogdropping, excellent writer and wonderful lady.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubpages-Help
    http://hubpages.com/hub/hubpages-blueprint

Darkside wrote some awesome hubs to help answer other questions you might have too.

http://hubpages.com/hub/how
    http://hubpages.com/hub/capsules
    http://hubpages.com/hub/howhubworks
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubscore
    http://hubpages.com/hub/hubpages-works

That will get you started. smile

1. profile image0

Cheers dude think reading up on these before i post any more thanks again

6. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

I looked at only one, but the one I saw was of low quality.  Too little content, basically just an ad for something at another site and a link promised, but not given.  It's possible that it is one of the same ones that Cagsil flagged.

You need to spend more time on individual hubs before posting them.  Make sure they are full of good content, original, filled with added interest provided by pictures and possibly videos. 

You need to unpublish all of the substandard ones and check any you leave up to be sure they are adequate, even before you work on improving the substandard ones.

1. profile image0

thanks

7. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 13 years ago

Super low quality... Every last one says "click the link below for more info" yet there's no link.

Some of the hubs are less than 150 words. Not worth my time or anyone elses.

No there's no time limit or limit to the number you can produce, but you couldn't have spent too much time writing 23 hubs in 33 hours, or even the 15 that are left published in 33 hours, considering during some point you had to have slept a few hours.

8. Arthur Fontes profile image75
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago

http://www.anxiety2rest.com/

is very very similar to your hub.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Anxiety-to-Rest

Could you be copy and pasting to publish hubs?

9. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

It's exactly the same as far as I can see.
    Fergie, I looked at your hubs too, so don't get excited about the traffic spike.
    Too short, poor spelling, and at least one is copied.
    Also, text-speak does not go down well on a writer's site.

10. themist profile image60
    themistposted 13 years ago

Definately not the right approach to hubpages in my opinion. None of your hubs I've read so far were worth reading.

11. Aficionada profile image80

fergie27,

You'll find that many of the Hubbers who participate in forums are very involved, are very good writers, and are justifiably very protective of HubPages and its reputation. 

It's quite possible that in your eagerness to be a part of what is a great self-publishing platform, you did get some wrong ideas about how things work here.  It's not the same as in some other sites on the internet.

Do take the time to read the FAQs and other helps provided by HubPages, and spend time too in reading other forums threads - especially in the HubPages Forums: Need Help?; Knowledge Exchange; and Extreme Hub Makeover.  Oh, and of course the excellent links that Cagsil provided.  You might also browse through an array of Hubs, just to see how others have put some of them together.

As you work on and publish some good Hubs here, you will find that other Hubbers are very, very helpful, and they are quite willing to help you to succeed here, if that is what you really want.  Just be sure to check first to see that you are following the HubPages guidelines.

12. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

I went to look but there are no hubs. sad

13. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Where are Fergie's hubs??

1. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hiya Habee my thoughts exactly.

14. Aficionada profile image80

There were about 25 or so earlier today.  Based on the comments of various Hubbers (including me), fergie has taken them down - probably to work on them.

1. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks heaps Afcionada

15. PaulaHenry1 profile image65
    PaulaHenry1posted 13 years ago

Fergie all gone....oh well, that was fun smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)