jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Help! Clicked 'no ads' setting, but still seeing ads

1. Angela Harris profile image75
    Angela Harrisposted 9 years ago

I read on another section of the forum about Google's policy against sites that 'sell and promote beer and hard alcohol' or something to that effect. I have a few Hubpages that are about alcoholic drinks, but I'm not sure what 'promoting' alcohol means. There are lots of sites in top Google searches about alcoholic drinks that feature Google ads.

To be on the (paranoid) safe side, I sent Google an email asking for more clarity on this policy and gave my Hubpages addresses that feature mixed drinks. But Google ads keep showing up on these pages! I've waited awhile to see if it would change, but it hasn't. Maybe I'm too impatient. I'm just afraid that the mighty Google will come along, see the ads, and strip me of my Google adsense account.

Are these Hubpages ads that are showing? If so, will Google even care? In other words, will they penalize me anyway? I just don't want to lose my Adsense account. I'm freaking out, if you couldn't tell.

2. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 9 years ago

Angela -

I'm going to go out on a limb and say your drink recipes are fine for AdSense. This site, which has existed for about a decade, and has nothing but drink recipes, serves AdSense:

Webtender drink recipe

I think you've done the right thing by contacting Google to be extra sure, but I seriously doubt what you've written could be considered questionable content.

- Jason

3. Angela Harris profile image75

Thanks, Jason, for helping to alleviate my fears. I agree with you. I honestly believe that my Hubpages are fine. But you never know with Google. What's fine for the goose doesn't always seem to be fine for the gander.

Thanks again for helping me to be a bit calmer while I wait for Google's verdict.

4. Angela Harris profile image75

Jason,
    You were right, as Google just confirmed this for me. I'm off to get my ads back up. And btw, the ads did stop. I had even rated them as 'adult' to be sure. I guess I was just panicking and getting impatient.

Thanks, Hub Team!

5. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 9 years ago

I'm glad to hear it, Angela!

I'm also happy to hear that AdSense was able to respond to your query. You were right, though, to take a "better safe than sorry" approach, and to contact them about the ambiguity.

- Jason

working