jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image69
    PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago

How imprtant is it to have Google Analytics? I cannot seem to get the thing to take my pages, therefore I see no info...is it releveant to anything? Or in other words, do I have to have it set up to work w/ adsense?

1. pisean282311 profile image59
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

analytics has nothing to do with adsense..both r independent and serve two entirely different purpose..analytics is very nice and important tool to understand from where visits comes , which keywords bring more visits , from what all countries one gets visits and such stuffs...

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

You don't need it at all - if you want to write without knowing how well your stuff is doing, down to a fine line.

Basically it's a much more accurate version of your traffic count. All it does is track exactly how many unique and return visitors you have, what countries they are from, how many are from search engines/other sites/direct traffic.

It's a good way to do more research into your traffic sources so you can write more aimed at those sources.

3. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

At your own website, it lets you get very detailed reports on what specific pages earned what and when.

You can do that with channels, but those are limited and if you have thousands of pages like I do, Adsense repors inside Analytics are indispensable.

4. PaulaHenry1 profile image69
    PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago

Gotcha, thanks so much!

5. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

If you track your individual hubs' AdSense earnings, you may need Analytics in the future. AdSense only allows you to set up 200 (I believe) URL channels. If you integrate AdSense with Analytics, it will track the earnings for each and every hub that you write automatically. You may not bump up against AdSense's limit for a while, but it will be nice to have that historical data in Analytics when you do.