jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

My ads don't match the content of my hubs....

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image68
    PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago

I didn't change anything, but the last 2 hubs I made I am getting ads that don't come anywhere near what I wrote about....is this normal? Can I change it?

1. jasoncox83 profile image71
      jasoncox83posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It can take Google time to put the correct ads that are related to you hub. Give it a few days then check back.

2. rajan1311 profile image59
    rajan1311posted 6 years ago

google ads are now based on user's browser history, AFAIK, so that could be the reason.

PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

well that can certainly hurt a person can't it? Thanks for letting me know! smile

3. Spacey Gracey profile image73
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

When you first publish the hub, look at the URL it should finish something line '.....?done' - delete off the last bit and refresh the page, or go to 'my account' then navigate back to your newly published hub and see if the ads look any better. When I publish a hub the first lot of ads are always random - either about debt consolidation or dating attractive Iraqi women - and no that has nothing to do with my browsing history!

And don't worry anyway - this won't hurt you. Remember the ads you see won't be the same as the ads your reader sees. If they have just spent hours researching about cheap holidays, then come reading a hub about dog chews - maybe their browsing history will prompt Google to place a holiday ad on the hub, which they may click because they still have it in the back of their mind. You should benefit from this - Google Adsense wants the same thing as us - legitimate clicks on the ads.

Hope that helps.

4. Spacey Gracey profile image73

Also just checked out 3 of your latest hubs - SAD, Sex education and weight gain in pregancy and all the Adsense ads I saw were totally appropriate for the hub - which incidentally means you did a great job writing them.

PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for checking on my Hubs....I'm glad they are staying relative to the content...Thanks Spacey- ur the best smile

5. Spacey Gracey profile image73

Your welcome - and your hubs are great - if you can get traffic to them people will click because the adverts are relevant and well placed.

6. jagged81 profile image80
    jagged81posted 6 years ago

This is normal, especially if the hub is brand new.  Once Google crawls the article it will post relevant ads based on article content and specific web surfer history. Google crawling can vary, I have had some of my pages crawled in 2 minutes and other 2 days. Hope this helps.

working