jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

23 hubs in two weeks

1. 0
    Medkh9posted 6 years ago

finally my laborious work in the field of computer technology made me have 23 hubs in 2 weeks , is it a good achievement ?

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I did 30 hubs in 13 days for my first hub challenge. Back when I was full of zeal - I've slowed down a bit!

But yes, that's very good for starters - I didn't do more than a handful in my first two months.

Are you doing the 30 day hub challenge?

big_smile Keep up the good work!

(Now you need to work on getting views - backlinks, promotion, keywords...)

1. 0
      Medkh9posted 6 years ago in reply to this

what does it mean the 30 hubs challenge and by the way thanks for your reply

2. 0
      Medkh9posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Tell me Wrylitt how would you get views - backlinks, promotion, keywords ? is there a specific way ?

3. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

30 day hub challenge forum - http://hubpages.com/forum/25

Click on My Account and then Traffic Sources in the left hand column. Are all your views from hubpages? Are you getting any views from google/yahoo/bing?

Hubpage members won't click your adverts- people visiting through search engines will. So you want to get as many from search engines as possible.

Read some of the great hubs written by other hubbers on the topic - in particular Darkside, Misha and Mark Knowles, Relache, Marisa Wright.

Keyword research is basically about writing to specific search words that not many other people are writing about. So for instance if you write with keywords such as "Little Black Box" and only 5 people are searching for that every month, it doesn't matter if you're on the first page of google. But if 5000 people are searching it each month and you can rank first for that topic, that means more traffic and more ad clicks.

It's a learning curve but it will help you get your hubs getting more views.

4. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

23 hubs in 2 weeks is way above the average I'd say.  I'd advise that you take a break from writing and do some reading

I read for about 4-5 weeks before I published anything, and have never stopped reading on topics like keywords, traffic, backlinking etc. 

I'm certainly no expert, but it looks like you might want to do some work on your titles and tags. You need to pick terms that people are searching.  For most of us, ranking with Google takes a while, but you want to make sure you have terms that at least 1K people are searching for.  There are a lot of factors.

WryLilt's reading list is pretty good.  I'd add sunforged, Lissie, ryankett. Also check out earnestshub's thread:

5. raisingme profile image89
    raisingmeposted 6 years ago

I'm impressed.  It's taken me three months to publish 53.  Well Done!