jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

submitting URL's to search engines..?

1. Thumb86 profile image60
    Thumb86posted 6 years ago

Is this important? do you submit the URL of every hub you write? is that the only way it will show in the search engine?

1. livelonger profile image88
      livelongerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's not necessary. Search engines nowadays crawl sites like HubPages constantly looking for new content. I've never submitted a URL to a search engine.

1. Thumb86 profile image60
        Thumb86posted 6 years ago in reply to this

oh, ok! thank you for the response.

1. LaMamaLoli profile image61
          LaMamaLoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But, it does help with traffic. There is a really good hub written by...think it was darkside or sunforged on the subject. Let me go away and find it and I come back and post the link to it. Then you can decide if you want to do it or not.

2. jasoncox83 profile image69
      jasoncox83posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not needed really, Google's spiders will do all that work for you. Submit to social networking sites, and actively promote your hub. You will find it will speed the indexing process up.

2. LaMamaLoli profile image61
    LaMamaLoliposted 6 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/RSS-Submission-Sites-list this is the hub I was referring to, it was Sunforged who wrote it.

1. thisisoli profile image61
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There is a difference between RSS feeds and submitting your site to search engines.

Personally I see little point in subitting a URL on Hubpages because Hubpages seems to get indexed in less than 24 hours anyway.

1. LaMamaLoli profile image61
        LaMamaLoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

oops yep you are right. I misread the question, never mind, it's still a good hub to read!

working